While we weren't expecting a 5 star hotel, we also weren't expecting to lose electricity either...and the shower is not a good place to be when something like that happens. There are several gift shops in the lobby and a nice enough restaurant. They also do a thorough inspection of all vehicles that pull up in front of the hotel. There is a nice little bar that offers daily specials and a swimming pool that is adjacent. The is also a convenience store and a coffee house within walking distance of the hotel.
This is a safe place to stay and you can also store your excess luggage for a nominal fee. Which is a great idea if you are heading out on safari and don't want to travel with all your luggage.
Each room comes with a can of Raid for any uninvited guests. The hotel staff is friendly, and you can exchange currency and traveler's checks at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International