“Business trip to Nairobi - stayed at Hilton” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #42 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Tallinn, Estonia
“Business trip to Nairobi - stayed at Hilton”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I paid 313 dollars for a small unfurbished room without access to breakfast or internet... Make your own conclusion. The location of the hotel is excellent but then again there are other hotels nearby too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical status of our property comparing to the value, and sincerely apologize for we have not been able to meet your expectation. However, I take the opportunity to explain that our prices are at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local restaurants are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international restaurants one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel. I am also pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Flat screen televisions have already been installed and construction of new elevators is ongoing.

We have also noted that you liked the location and as well appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the nicest hotel in Nairobi's central business district. The rooms are quite comfortable, even though some past reviewers have said outdated. Still, they take very good care of you here and will make any arrangement for sightseeing or business that you need. The pool area is very relaxing and the restaurants are good. The room service is extraordinarily quick and the food quite good. But, mostly, it is the kindness, competence and friendliness of the staff that make this hotel such a nice place to stay -- particularly if you are staying in Nairobi for more than a few days. I would highly recommend the Hilton Nairobi.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor where you can enjoy the views of the city, although even the rooms on the low...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the outstanding compliments you make about our team members friendliness and knowledge, the good food and quick service. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent two nights at Hilton hotel in Nairobi. Overall one can feel safe here, but prices at restaurant are too high. Meanwhile breakfest buffet is nice. Rooms are clean and quite. Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is good as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality, good breakfast and facilities. I am also glad to note that you liked the location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile

As of the prices, although they may be high, these are at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local restaurants are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international restaurants one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel. However, we appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great welcome! Wonderful Kenyan hospitality shown by entire staff.
Clean room and bathroom.
Wonderful service at the dining room.
Good & healthy food.
Wonderful service at the Jockey Club Bar, with some good entertainment.
Beautiful flower arrangements.
Very, very friendly and extremely helpful staff.
Clean hotel overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the outstanding compliments you make about our team members hospitality, good service, food and facilities. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are going to Nairobi and qould like to be in downtown area, there is no hotel better than Hilton. The rooms are beautifully maintained and all have very good views of downtown. Breakfast is great and pool is a place to enjoy relaxation after a long day. Ihighly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you and appreciate your good compliment about our facilities and its location for it has a very good view of downtown; as well you enjoyed our breakfast. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

cumming, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Nairobi Hilton is showing its age a bit, but the staff and caring service make up some for the serious need of a make-over.

My wife and I have now stayed there twice during the previous 10 months and while we would certainly return again, I would be much happier if the rooms and hallway areas could be upgraded some to suggest that the owners realized that it was still not 1995. I cannot remember the last Flagship-brand hotel I've stayed in that still had old tube TV sets in the rooms. Not one broadcasted channel properly fit the small 18-20" screens.

As I look past the aged facility issues, I can say with sincerity that the staff was top notched, the breakfast buffet was stellar and the executive lounge was a quiet oasis each evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Operations Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. It is indeed a great pleasure to serving you and we appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you and appreciate the fine compliments you make about the outstanding hospitality and service of our team members, for which I have already shared with the team. I am personally glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

As of our facilitys’ condition, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Flat screen televisions installations is underway and will be completed by end of February 2013.

Lund, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent to nights at the Hilton. The rooms are fine, but we were disappointed to find that the pool was closed for renovation. Bad and expensive internet.
The good things were a great location in central Nairobi, very godd breakfast and a relaxing resident's lounge on the second floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comment that during your recent stay you were disappointed that the pool was closed for maintenance. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. However, I wish to explain that for the comfort of better service to our guests, this is an exercise we undertake every end of the year to ensure minimum interruption to our service. We do alert this on our website and we do provide an alternative swimming pool option with one of our colleague hotels; the hotels do assist each other in these sort of cases as we all go through the same routine. Again you have my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

With regards of internet charges internet charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. However, to our esteemed Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.
We thank you and sincerely appreciate your positive comments about the comfort of our facilitys’ and good breakfast. I also note that you liked the location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!