“Wonderful friendly hotel, centrally located” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
Sligo, Ireland
“Wonderful friendly hotel, centrally located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The amazing thing about the staff in this hotel is the always remember you even if it's been a while since you were there. The hotel is run by an efficient and friendly staff. It is a secure place right in the centre of Nairobi. From the doorman to the GM everyone is friendly, helpful and hospitable.

The rooms are immaculate and air conditioned with big comfortable beds and plenty of room. Rooms are equipped with a wide range of useful equipment. Ironing board and iron, room safe, tea and coffee- making facilities.

The toilet was good with step in shower, wide selection of toiletries and friendly feeling towels. It was well maintained and there was attention to detail in the cleaning. The housekeeping staff are warm helpful people.

Room service was fast and efficient. The food was served hot and everything was just as it should be. The restaurant offers a wide range of local dishes and international cuisine. The service was fast and the food enjoyable.

There is good secure garage parking under the hotel and this is run by efficient and careful staff.

Room Tip: Executive rooms get you a superior breakfast. Wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your very kind and flattering comments about our facility, amenities and guest supplies in our rooms, efficient room service, good food with variety of choice and security within the hotel. We also appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality, which I have gladly shared with them.

We thank you for this great feedback which confirms that you enjoyed your stay in all aspects. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The room I had was horrible and I was very disappointed of my stay there
Even though people were nice, food as well, the hotel is very old and needs to be fixed. I will. Not return there, that's for sure!

• Stayed November 2011
hiltonnairobi, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to write to us; it was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards to our hotel status, and I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I am pleased though to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.
Nevertheless, we appreciate the positive comments you make about our team members’ hospitality, which I have already shared with them and about the food, that I have shared with the chefs.

In case you do change your mind, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.
In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I really used to like the Nairobi Hilton. It was always a nice haven of relaxation with an always extremely friendly staff. But since a recent stay, I am not convinced of service and quality any more...

We stayed at the Nairobi Hilton on short notice for three nights in September. Since the hotel (actually all hotels in Nairobi were quite busy) was packed, we did not get rooms in the category that was reserved, but were put in two rooms on the pool level. I had stayed on the pool level before, but in nicer rooms. The two rooms we were appointed now were dark holes, with little natural light and almost no lamps, noisy and smelly Aircon, 20 year old furniture and carpets.

On arrival, reception took forever to appoint us our rooms. It took them almost an hour (while we were having a beer in the Jockey pub, at least). Complaints about the room quality (after all we had been returning guests with more than 30 nights at the Nairobi Hilton on our back) were shrugged off.

Value for money? Price for each room was well over 220 US$ per night (plus tax). A value for money really was non-existing. In any other African city I would have not paid more than 50 US$ for these rooms. We only stayed because we were stuck due to business meetings.

I think Hilton seriously has an issue with required upgrade of their rooms and facilities. Most of the hotel is in the state of the 80s. The hotel, at the current state, should rather be viewed as a 3 star than a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool level at all cost...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us via the Tripadvisor medium. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.
We have noted your comment with regards to our property status, especially the pool rooms that you stayed in, and I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I am pleased though to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.
With regards to delayed room allocation, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you; as we cannot know when exactly you did stay with us, nor the time of your check in, it is highly likely that rooms were not available at that time, as the hotel, and the city as a whole, experienced high occupancy levels.
As to the value, as is a normal practice during busy periods, this is a matter of supply and demand, and I would be surprised for anyone finding a room at USD 50 anywhere in Nairobi, or any other capital city during high demand periods. However, we appreciate your critical but constructive feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Although we have not been able to meet your expectation, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Khartoum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Good location, close to the KICC, railway museum and local parks. The furnishings don't seem to have been updated for some time, but the room I was in was spacious and had a very comfortable bed and a good quality bathroom. The staff are lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Food quality was good if a bit expensive - meals costing between $12 and $25 dollars for a main. Wifi was more costly that I would have liked (7,500 Kenyan Shillings for 7 days, 1,000 for 24 hours as at Nov 2011) but the connection speed was good by African standards. One bad incident, $100 went missing from my room, though this was my own fault for not making sure it was locked in the in room safe.

Room Tip: Ask for one looking out to KICC
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
hiltonnairobi, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with. We have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home as well as constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We have noted your fine compliments about our facilities and although furniture looks a little dated, I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.
We appreciate your gratitude to our team members’ hospitality which is my upmost pleasure to share with all of them. Although the mention that the cost of a meal is on the high side, I believe a main dish from USD 12 is reasonable. However, I do take your point, but at the same time we are happy to note that you enjoyed the quality.
With regards of internet charges, I would like to advise, that apart from it not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by Docomo, a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. We do however have a so called Business Plus Package, where apart from an upgrade to a next level room type, unlimited internet access is included in the room rate with a small surcharge. Likewise, for our esteemed Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.
I have noted with regret that you lost $100 in your room; you have my sincerest apologies for this rare occurrence. I am not able to investigate this matter because of lack of your vital information, nor do we have any records in our security department of this incident. Kindly give us more information through the undersigned address and I will be able to give you proper feedback.
I am glad to note that apart from the loss, you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.
Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future
Kind regards,

Fax Number: +254 (20) 2250099 / 2210990
Email Address: martin.voskamp@hilton.com
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice. Arranged a tour to Nairobi National Park which didn't go quite to plan but helpful hotel staff made up for the problems faced.

Rooms simple but comfortable. Internet inexpensive but wifi was quite slow in my room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We have noted your comment that our property has started to show age, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, but I have the pleasure to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Although your National park tour did not go as planned, I am grateful that our team members were able to remedy the situation.

We have also noted your comment that the Wifi in the room was slow, I would like to explain that from time to time we do experience internet downtime from our internet provider, which we have no direct control off. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this downtime

We thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality and as well glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

Amos Mworia
Front Desk Manager
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My experience with the Nairobi Hilton was excellent. Everything from communication with Heidi Klein Moller before my trip regarding airport transportation to exchanging currency when I checked out of the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was attentive and respectful. The breakfast buffet and staff made for a great start to my trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in or around Nairobi. I am coming back in March 2012 and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi during your recent visit to Kenya and for telling us about your experience. We greatly appreciate any feedback received from our guests and always strive to improve further on highest quality and service standards.

I personally thank you for your appreciation for everything that we did to make your stay a memorable one. I also thank you for the fine compliments you have made about the team members hospitality and as I had mentioned to your email previously have gladly shared these with them.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

There are many better hotels in Nairobi and I only stay at this hotel when others are already fully booked. The breakfast is good, but the rooms are very average and the price per night charged are not that favourable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We have noted your comment regarding our rooms as average, I am very sorry indeed that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Regarding our rates, we appreciate your critical but constructive feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Likewise, we are glad to note that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and great hospitality from our team members. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!