I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights while attending a conference so did not choose this hotel myself. Firstly, it is located right in the centre of the city in a very congested area so whenever you go anywhere it takes forever.
I upgraded my room to the executive floor and the room was beautiful: spacious, clean and comfortable. On the first night, however, I noticed that I could hear the lift all night from my room. The next day I asked to change rooms and the very friendly and helpful reception staff could not have beem more obliging. However, I was shocked to find that this room was even worse because it was right next to the service elevator. Looking at the plan of the hotel behind the door I then realised that the building is round and the lift shaft is in the middle so no matter where you are you can hear the lifts going up and down allday and night. Not good for light sleepers - thank goodness for sleeping tablets! It was like being in a plane for a week.
One other starnge thing happened too. When I changed rooms I left some clothes in the first room. I called recpetion and they said they would bring them to me. I had to call seven times and it took two hours to get the clothes which I wanted to wear to the conference opening. I fonally got them at 1.58pm and my taxi was planned for 2pm. Not happy!
Breakfast was wonderful and service top class. Reception staff were friendly.I would not go back because of the lift problem. All other conference participants told me the Tribe is the best hotel in Nairobi, although it is not the same price!
There is no free wi fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International