The Hilton did NOT impress me in any way. I regret having been lured by that famous name (again). The rooms of this hotel are very small, let’s just say tiny. They are old, far from new for sure. They have no character and make you feel like being in an East-Berlin Plattenbau building. The furniture is old, not authentic, yes outright ugly. The beds are old as well and there was no cover over the boxspring, giving me at least a very unhygienic idea of the thing I was sleeping on. The carpet is old as well, sometimes even stained with paint from a paintjob that was carried out a decade ago. The bathroom is not much better, indeed even worse than the rest of the shack. It looks like a bathroom from an old apartment building, certainly not that of a 5-star place. And yes, not clean in some places too. In short, this place is extremely mediocre and has nothing to do with what you would expect.
Then the service. Well, let’s start with the lousy and amazingly expensive internet connection (2400 KSH or 30 USD). I thought I had a problem with my laptop, it just took forever to open up even a normal webpage (> 2minutes for gmail). But when I spoke to a tech-guy from the hotel I was told the minimum connection was 128kbs and maximum 750kbs. Believe me, it was even far from the lower speed! When I told the reception that I wasn’t happy with it, they didn’t even take the efforts to call me back as promised. And the next day, after telling them I wouldn’t pay for it, it took them 15 minutes to even “drop” the price to 1200 KSH. For the rest the service was anything from impressive too. To check-in it took over 10 minutes, check out, well that is clear now as well. The mini-bar content was poor, the amenities were limited and the entire atmosphere was just not up to par with what the name Hilton should stand for…
All in all, I would not suggest this place to anyone who wants to stay in a nice place. I would absolutely discourage anyone to pay premium prices. Just go here if you can find a good offer and there is nothing else in town (see my other reviews on the Fairfield and Stanley, which are great places!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International