I am a frequent traveler to Nairobi and I have stayed at the InterContinental Nairobi a few times. Last year I traveled to the hotel and to be honest I was slightly disappointed. The internet was not working so well and they didn't have enough towels!! I had to wait for one hour for a towel!! My room was also not quite what I was used to at InterContinental Hotels. All in all I didn't think that i would go back there!
I decided to give the hotel another chance as the staff promised me that this was a one off experience! You know to be honest I never really believed that but decided to give them another chance as the hotel is quite close to my place of work. I was so glad that I did this!!! From the moment I checked in the experience was turned around! I came in around 18:00 and my room was ready but what was more impressive was that I did the check in in my room!!! I didn't have to wait in the queue!! The room was much better than the last time - they have spent some money putting new soft furnishings in the room and it really makes a difference. The food presentation is a lot better and overall the quality and variety impressed me. I must say the room attendant was really fantastic, she was so friendly and really accommodating. I told her that last time I had to wait an hour for towels and was glad to see that there were some in the bathroom already...that night I went to my room and I had an extra two towels(this continued till the end of my stay).
All in all I really am glad I gave them another chance and it was really a turn around. The entire team seems really switched on to my needs and I felt really cared for.
Try it out - its definitely a place where they take their promises seriously!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.