“definately a big improvement from my last stay!” 4 of 5 stars

InterContinental Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   City Hall Way | PO Box 30353, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% Off Room Rates!
Ranked #28 of 93 hotels in Nairobi
Geneva
“definately a big improvement from my last stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I am a frequent traveler to Nairobi and I have stayed at the InterContinental Nairobi a few times. Last year I traveled to the hotel and to be honest I was slightly disappointed. The internet was not working so well and they didn't have enough towels!! I had to wait for one hour for a towel!! My room was also not quite what I was used to at InterContinental Hotels. All in all I didn't think that i would go back there!

I decided to give the hotel another chance as the staff promised me that this was a one off experience! You know to be honest I never really believed that but decided to give them another chance as the hotel is quite close to my place of work. I was so glad that I did this!!! From the moment I checked in the experience was turned around! I came in around 18:00 and my room was ready but what was more impressive was that I did the check in in my room!!! I didn't have to wait in the queue!! The room was much better than the last time - they have spent some money putting new soft furnishings in the room and it really makes a difference. The food presentation is a lot better and overall the quality and variety impressed me. I must say the room attendant was really fantastic, she was so friendly and really accommodating. I told her that last time I had to wait an hour for towels and was glad to see that there were some in the bathroom already...that night I went to my room and I had an extra two towels(this continued till the end of my stay).

All in all I really am glad I gave them another chance and it was really a turn around. The entire team seems really switched on to my needs and I felt really cared for.

Try it out - its definitely a place where they take their promises seriously!

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I travelled to kenya for an anticipated two days but was "forced" to stay because of the Volcanic Ash cloud over Iceland. I couldnt believe how wonderful the staff was in trying to make me as comfortable as possible. Every time I requested something or even when I was just standing at the buffet I was greeted by a big welcoming Smile accompanied by a local greeting "Jambo" If it were just for the staff I would recommend this hotel to each and every person who is travelling to Kenya.

We staying in their new Executive Floor - which had a lovely Club Lounge. The fresh juices and wide variety for breakfast was out of this world. The evening happy hour really kept us entertained.

I would really recommend you to visit this place. The people...the food...the rooms...WOW!

Nottingham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

When I travelled to Kenya for a one day business trip I never thought I'd be stranded there for almost 7 days!! In any other situation this would be a nightmare! But the staff of InterContinental Nairobi really turned it around...I have yet to see a hotel who reacted so well to a natural disaster. The room attendants, the reception staff, the pool attendants, the waiters, even the chefs made me feel at home. Any updates from the airlines were duly communicated and they really emphathised with me. During my stay I was in one of their deluxe rooms which were really clean and comfortable. The only small issue I would comment on is that the internet was slightly slower than what I get at home - but it wasnt really a big deal. Please go experience what true hospitality is all about. Thank you to all the staff for making my experience as a "Volcanic Ash Victim" so much more bearable!!

Kent UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed here at the end of a recent trip to Kenya. After reading other reviews, I think some of the rooms must have been refurbished as our room was quite smart with very comfortable beds and duvets. We used the swimming pool and surrounding sunbeds which were very good. We were also quite happyy with the meals we enjoyed and the restaurant service. What let the hotel down in our opinion was the check in and check out - a very slow and laboured process! The service we received at the front desk was completely different to the excellent service we received elsewhere and definitely needs improvement.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Udaipur,India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

This was the start of our business tour of East Africa and we were put to a good start!
I thad all the services ,someof our colleaugues fromtrade delegation wanted tot ake to kenayan safari and they could manage through hotel.
Someof the staff , n fatc all those that I came across , they delivered the service before I contemplated.This was unusual as otherwise you get irritated with obswequeous[greedy, not genuine staff] . Hotelhad nice food , serives etc could make carrying out business more effectively. I thas all that you need ,moment you land in,bellboy is there and he takes you to counter then to room and expalins somefundamentals, and answers all your questions and where he can't ,he wd call upfromyr room itself and make sure you got satisfied.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
hugo7913
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We stayed 6 days at this very good located luxury hotel, we were recieved very very helpfull and check-in was made in our suite, the staff was absolutely fantastic what ever we needed or asked for was solved immidiatly and with a big smile!
The Breakfast was very delicious and we could take it outside in the garden which my wife and me likes.
We have only good things to say and hope to return one day again!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

This probably once was a great 5* but it has not been maintained well. The rooms are more like a 3* hotel- adequate but worn, with musty, mildewy carpet (yuk), a stained bathtub, mildew on the rubber anti-slip bathmat, and a chipped sink. I couldn't get the shower to dispense water at an agreeable temperature.

Service is erratic- like using the wireless internet in your room requires getting a code for which you call guest services, who refer you to the business center, who call you back 10mins later. On top of that the internet pricing is silly- no 24r access available and pricey. The safe in my room was locked- they came to open it after i asked but it show the lack of attention to detail.

The gym was closed for an unspecified period when i was there- too bad if you took this 5* hotel because of its facilities. The outdoor pool is OK but I prefer the one at the Serena hotel.

What the hotel has going for it is the location- walking distance to shops, restaurants etc. Also nice are the large windows that open (with mosquito netting) as Nairobi's climate can be very pleasant so i just had the window open all day.

However, for this price i would expect better service and better facilities.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!