“Great reception” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 134 Hotels in Nairobi
Accra
“Great reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great service all round, the bathrooms are small though.
However the service by the staff was exceptional, really helpful whenever asked.
I had challenges with the phone service though, as I called a few times where no one picked up, but once you get your call picked up - you are sorted.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Andy M

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that you received exceptional service from our team and that you found us really helpful.

I apologise for the challenge you had with the phone service. We will look into it to ensure you continue receiving a memorable experience whenever you visit us.

Thank you once again. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Dieter Franke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel in the centre of Nairobi and a very short walking distance to the Kenya Convention Centre. Service is excellent in restaurants and the bar. Great gym facilities. The pool is very open and a private splash is not easy.

Dear Jenny i

Thank you for your great review. We are excited to know that you loved the excellent service in our Restaurants and bars. Thank you also for your feedback about the pool. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests like you which give us opportunity to improve.

We look forward to your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the third time I've stayed at the Intercontinental in Nairobi. The hotel is well located with easy walking access to the Kenya International Convention Center.

The service at this most recent stay was impeccable, with the hotel really upping its game over previous visits. The room was clean, bed very comfortable with crisp cotton sheets.

The Indian restaurant at the hotel is superb.

The only problem occurred during the initial booking which was made through booking.com with an additional guest added on to my booking. Unfortunately even with 3 rounds of communication there was only one room registered on arrival. None-the-less the service and facilities during the stay more than made up for this.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear AlexTMarshall,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review on your latest stay.

I appreciate you choosing our hotel to be your Home away from Home once again. It gives me joy to hear that our outstanding service, wonderful facilities and room hygiene has continued to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you for your compliments.

I am happy with your remarkable comments about Bhandini restaurant. Did you find time to enjoy Nyama Choma (Kenyan Barbecue) at the Makuti Bar, served every evening?

I regret the inconvenience caused to you due to failure to have your full reservation captured in our system at the time of booking.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Never take your little children with you to the Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi. Practically all bars and places are "Children Not Allowed". A very sad thing. Makes one realize what a great snobs those people really are; for there are NO strippers, only Drinkers and Smokers. Quite disappointing. One has to be honest though, and admit that the service was great. Yet what snobs.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear theTimeTravellersBox,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you liked the service from our team members.

It is unfortunate that your children could not be allowed into the bar areas because of existing Government Regulations.

We hope you will have time to visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Despite the high traffic on the day of my arrival at the hotel.. I was attended to in time and with excellence. Very friendly front office staff. The rooms are wonderful with a perfect view of the city. My highlight was the health club which has a sauna, steam, jacuzzi and a gym..
Will surely come back!!

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Dear Ethan R,

Thanks for the great comments! How happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This review is of my recent experience with Intercontinental Nairobi laundry service. I might review the rest of the hotel later, but don't expect it to be much higher.

I gave my jacket to the room service 1700 and requested it to be delivered before 0800 which would be normal mode of operations for any hotel laundry.

Since jacket was not there in the morning I started tracking it by phone first. I was waiting for 20 minutes in the room, but no one was calling me. After another call and no information about my jacket whereabouts I went to reception to start tracking it. Another 15 minutes passed and I was informed that housekeeping attempted to bring my jacket to the room but I wasn't there. I requested it to be brought to reception then, but it wasn't after another 15 minutes. At this moment I was already late for my meeting, the sole purpose of staying in Intercontinental Nairobi, but no one cared and no manager was in sight in spite of my requests. Finally the jacket was produced with a claim "it was delivered to your room yesterday evening while you were not there, you probably did not see it, it was in the closet". First of all, I did look in the closet when I returned from the breakfast and second I did not leave room from the time I gave jacket to the morning. When checking out I was approached by hotel management, with same story which I had to clarify. It was quickly brushed off with an offer to credit bonus miles to my account (35000 if I recall correctly). 1 month later, no miles were credited to my IHG account. Offer of bonus miles was unsolicited, so why does management need to bring it and then not honor it? It appears lies are acceptable business practice in Intercontinental Nairobi.

Room Tip: Go to Kempinski instead.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
DearFoodEliminator,

Thank you for taking time to write your review on your recent stay in our hotel.

I am grateful for the observations shared since this is the most efficient ways for us to constantly improve on our services. Your remarks on shortfall in service delivery are very valuable to us. I make a sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you.

A separate on-line communication has been sent to you and I hope that you will that you will get in touch with me directly if I can be of any support on your future visit.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could sum it up with one word that is Asante!!!!

On 19th August 2015 was my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary. I turned to Intercontinental for help seeing as I had forgotten the date as it fell Midweek. My parents are not very fussy and all they wanted was a romantic dinner with their best couple from their wedding day.

I called on Intercontinental for help and with less than 48hours notice everything was done. Being in charge of the organizing the event and the kind of clientele I was working with - My parents!!, surrendering the reigns of control was not easy but I left it to the able staff of Intercontinental.

Fast forward to 11:00pm......

My mother walks in with a bouquet of flowers, cards and a wrapped gift. She puts everything down and proceeds to give me a warm hug thanking me for the night she had. My dad gives me the handshake(thats how we roll). She went on in great detail about her night.

She loved the food. She spoke highly of the lasagna and the mutton.
The ambiance (The Terrace) was relaxed and easy for them to talk to each other. The restaurant had some of the doors closed so they wouldn't feel cold. She spoke of the diligent and kind people who attended to them.

Last but not least when they least expected it the Staff came out with a cake with sparklers and presented it to them. She says that when she saw the cake she thought someone else was having a birthday but was shocked when it came their way.

I could go on and on about all the things they told me but all in all I want to give a heartfelt thank you to Intercontinental Hotel for making my parents 25th wedding Anniversary oh so special.

Special Thank you to Mr. Aurelius Mukuna and Miss Carol from the Terrace.

See you soon

Thank you!!!!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wayua M,

Thank you for your most outstanding review.

I am so pleased to receive wonderful remarks regarding your parent’s 25th Wedding Anniversary dinner. It is great to learn that the entire evening was delightful, full of memorable service all through.

It is always our aspiration to make such distinctive moments unforgettable. I have shared your fantastic observations with the entire team and they are thrilled to receive your compliments.

Did you know that we have embarked on a culinary journey, serving cyclic specialty menu featuring Indian, Australian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese and Italian? I hope that you will find time to come and enjoy these delightful cuisines.

It will be our pleasure to serve you, your family and friends again.