“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
Lodi, California, United States
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the InterContinental hotel on our way to a safari. As IHG members we could pay to upgrade to the club level and were well treated. The food was plentiful and delicious. The hotel staff was friendly and the room comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second time at Intercon. Nairobi, I already come on Jan 2015 and the service here is great. The staff are very sympathic, helpful and doing their best whetver you are requesting for.

Great thanks especially to my Andrew, Chef Kennedy, and all staffs at resto, reception, laundry, housekeeping, security, etc.. (I forgot some names)

Cheers
Tarek. A

Room Tip: 4th floor not bad, parking view
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Trouka80,

I am so pleased to receive your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay.

Thank you so much for your positive observations on our colleagues’ warm reception and helpfulness. Andrew and Kennedy are delighted to receive your compliments and are happy that their outstanding service made your stay a memorable experience.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back Home Away from Home.

omer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not choose this hotel. The reservation was made through the organizers of the expo to which we went, so I had no idea what to expect. If I had to sum up my stay in one word it would be service... the staff is so service oriented, polite and smiley it's a real pleasure. However, the hotel is very dated and in need of renovation. My room was on the second floor. It was very spacious and the bed was excellent with lovely fluffy pillows. There is a coffee/tea tray and mineral water. My only reservation - all I could see from my room was the roof of the restaurant so, if you make a reservation insist on a high floor. Also, I understood that there is a new renovated wing so if you book privately ask for a room on the new wing. Important to know is that the hotel is very security oriented. On a more personal note I would like to add that this hotel serves one of the best cappuccinos I ever had and breakfast in general is generous. Thank you Intercontinental staff for making my stay a pleasurable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the new wing.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear liora5352,

Thank you for taking time to write your wonderful review regarding your latest stay in our hotel.

I am delighted to read your compressive feedback that your stay was enjoyable. Your comments regarding our colleagues’ outstanding service have been relayed to them and they are very happy.

Thank you for your positive observations about our room facilities, beddings and the delightful Cappuccino. I am happy to know that you were able to relax in a secure environment in the hotel. Your concerns about room preferences have been shared with our Reservations team for your future stay.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my short business trip and everything had to be perfect. I had my own apprehensions going to the country after what I heard about the incident happened 4-5 weeks ago, but the safety and all comfort aspects were immaculately handled. Food best with three different restaurants in the hotel itself. Swimming pool? Nothing to complaint. Breakfast, you can be any person from anywhere in theworld, you get what you are looking for. Imaging I was offered "Samosa" with Aloo in it..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear raju1432,

Thank you for taking time to write your fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that your stay was lovely and safe. I am happy that our delightful food met your expectations. It is our utmost goal to provide superior service and make it memorable for our guests all through their stay.

Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I had booked a double room with a cot as we had an overnight connection in Nairobi. When we arrived at 10 pm after 24 hours of travel, we were told that there were 2 rooms reserved, and since it was after 6 we would have to pay regardless of whether we got a cot and used only one of them. So, we went ahead and used the second room. When we returned from our trip and contacted our agent, the travel agent said that they told her that they did not have a triple and so reverted to 2 rooms, but never bothered to tell her. I would have used points for the room had we been informed of this. As it was, it cost $300 for the 8 hours of room use. I am very unhappy.
The room was nice, but the staff misdirected us 3 times to where we could get a bite to eat before collapsing.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear luvin2go,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Such a review is extremely helpful to us as it gives us a chance to improve and rectify any shortfalls in the operation.

Please accept my apology for the unpleasant experience you faced with the room allocation and the information on the Restaurants.. Your comments have been reviewed by our Front Office Manager and all points are being address in order to avoid them from reoccurring in the future.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon check in Mary gave us a warm welcome and made us immediately feel welcome and at home. Booked one night on employee rate and the rest of the stay on points from my partner. For $40 extra a night we upgraded our room to the Club Room with access to Club Lounge. The lounge was always very clean and plenty choice of drinks and snacks during lunch and evening. Breakfast was a good way to start our adventurous day!

Stayed on the 7th floor, large and quiet room. Room was very clean and HSK went out of their way to make sure we received everything we wanted.

What really stood out was the staff. We stayed here for a week and spend quite some time at the hotel and everyone continuously were helpful but most of all genuine. Special shout out to Bridget in the Lounge. She is a phenomenal in everything she does!!

Working for IHG we strive to deliver the best service and make sure we deliver great hotels, guest love! InterContinental Nairobi is definitely the best hotel I have stayed in. I'm not saying this because I work for IHG, but because they are great in every way!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear LisMina3,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and give us your feedback on your last stay with us. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for you kind words describing our service as excellent. We aim to provide all our guests with a memorable and comfortable experience. Your compliments for Bridget have reached her. She is delighted that she made an impact in your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Inter Continental Nairobi in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Stayed for two nights in March 2015, arrived late and was allowed an as you want checkout the following day. Staff very helpful. stayed on the 7 th floor overlooking Parliament building the room was very big, clean and had great view to the city scape. Only downside was the oldish facilities especially the bathroom,and there was noise coming from the live band on Thursdays so can be noisy. The security measures were very good albeit tedious. On my second visit in April was given a room I did not like and was given the room I wanted which was great. Overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: Floor seven overlooking Uhuru park is good for views
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Locitana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad to know that you loved the friendliness of the team and the efficient service.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your visit.

Dieter Franke

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!