“Okay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 119 Hotels in Nairobi
Sydney, Australia
“Okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here hoping to keep up with the standards of intercontinental though the rooms are not that big but the problem is they are old and need some touching up. The food was great and the service was good

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed 4 nights for a conference held in the hotel. I found it to be standard in terms of this type/class of hotel. I appreciated that the hotel design incorporated local African design elements (although there were some oddities like a a meeting room named "Le Chateau" with a French wine theme). The staff were extremely polite and friendly, and I give the hotel service high marks. Food was average to good, sometimes service in the restaurants was slow.

Room Tip: There are two banks of elevators. If you are using the meeting room on the rooftop or the hotel gym...
Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for 5days with my husband while attending a meeting in Nairobi. The hotel is comfortable and the staff are nice and friendly starting with Mr Gerald Mutigi the concierge. Oftentimes he is at their airport office and happy to help you arrange transport to the hotel from the airport.
The location of the hotel is key. It's convenient and there are taxis all around.
We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the city hall and I thought it was thoughtful that the windows on that side are one way glass. You can see the city hall but they can't see into the room so you can actually leave the curtains drawn all day and you can spend your time watching the world go past on the streets knowing that they can't see you.
The hotel is part of the IHG group and they try to maintain standards although some of the rooms are a bit tired.

• Stayed January 2015
Nairobi Region, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Staying at hotel. Keep making excuses but do not expect the hotel to deliver. This night you are banned from eating at hotel outside. Arrived 5 days ago with confirmed room however they made me wait for 4 hours for a room. Suggest to people to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Away from main road
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Vengn1,

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the length in time taken at check in. I have also taken note of your concerns regarding missed opportunity to explore other dining options outside our hotel.

Our Concierge team has a list of recommended places where guests can dine from and hope that you will find it useful on your next visit.

Our guests can also enjoy delightful and diverse options on our menu at the Terrace Restaurant, exciting Indian Cuisine at Bhandini Restaurant and tasty Nyama Choma (Kenyan Barbeque) at Makuti every evening.

I hope that you will get in touch with me directly if I can be of assistance in future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

wonderful service and great location, and teh staff here really try to make you feel at home, while taking care of your previous stay experience and know what you like and make all efforst for these to be taken care of when you visit next without you asking for it.

the club lounge here is a great place to have your meetings and is very business like.
the breakfast service is again no nonsense and funtional and meets all your needs without an elaborate spread.

Room Tip: chose one of the newly renovated rooms.
Dear jksaha,

I am so pleased to receive your comprehensive feedback on your recent stay.

Thank you so much for wonderful remarks on our colleagues’ warm reception and helpfulness. I appreciate your positive appraisal on the delightful breakfast. Our F&B team will be happy to know that you enjoyed the diverse menu.

Your observations about the Club Lounge as a perfect venue for your meetings are very much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back Home Away from Home.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

An eclectic menu - which many can not pull off but the Intercontinental in Nairobi has something for everyone and they do it well. The setting is overlooking the wildlife reserve. It's just beautiful. The service is welcoming. If you're in area, stop in for a well prepared meal.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CulturalBridge,

I am so pleased to receive your fantastic feedback on your stay.

I am particularly impressed with your commendation on our delightful menu. Thank you for letting us know that our colleagues’ exceptional service made this stay a lovely experience.

I will be delighted to welcome you back to your home of choice.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel which is right in the center of the city, but right from the start, the experience was below average.
The staff hardly cared for the guests, and at the time of check-in and check-out, they spent a lot of time unnecessarily which was very irritating. Then my room key did not work when I was checking in to my room. After this, the electricity did not work. So, nothing right from the very beginning.
Even the food wasn't great.
But the coffee served at the breakfast was always great. And casino was a saving grace as well.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ankurgupta87,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.

I express regret for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your stay.

I have shared your comments with our entire team and will do what we can to set right the concerns you have put forth. It is our ultimate goal to offer superior services and accommodation to all our guests all through their stay.

I know that you have a vast choice regarding accommodation but do hope that you will give us another chance to convince you of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to convince you of our services.

Dieter Franke

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!