“Fantastic Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #28 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
“Fantastic Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is slowly beginning to show its age, but thats where the negatives end. The staff are the most helpful and accommodating that I have ever come across. Upon arrival we were given cold drinks and a towel to wipe off the dust, which more than makes up for the extensive security you need to pass through to enter. It really set the tone for our stay. Breakfast was an average price and the food was good. If i'm back in Nairobi i will be back at the Interconty.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for about 4 months whle I lived and worked in Nairobi. Yes, it is old with very heavy drapes and dark woods in most of the rooms, but the place is immaculate and very well maintained. The dark drapes are wonderful for keeping out the noise from the busy street below. I stayed in one of the 2 room suites on the Club Floor and never have I been better taken care of. From the time I woke up in the morning until the time I returned in the evening, the entire staff, from housekeeping to the Chef, to the concierge staff to the front desk staff, the spa (what a great massage I got there!!!) and the housekeeping staff - they were all there just to meet the needs of their guests and man are they ever busy!! I stayed there over Christmas holidays and had the most incredible time I've had anywhere in the world - and I have been everywhere. Thank you Karl and the rest of your amazing staff for making Nairobi one of the best experiences of my life. Ruellene J. Ross

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the Club level - amazing rooms, staff, amenities and free internet. Corner suite...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ruellene,

Thank you for your great feedback.

I am happy that you chose our hotel to be your Home away from Home. I am motivated to know that our entire team’s exceptional service and made your stay memorable. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.

I am aware of the era of our facility. We are looking forward to upgrading many areas of the hotel and hope that we will be able to embark on these enhancements soon.

Once again, thank you for the all-inclusive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back home.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel, located right next to Kenya parliament, is a bit old but very well managed member of the IHG chain of hotels. Intercontinental stood up to its expectation showcasing graceful interiors, polite and prompt staff, and large array of rooms. All of its rooms are very spacious, furnished classically but with all modern amenities, ensuring a comfortable stay. I spent just one night here with family, but with the large variety of good Indian food in buffet and Indian channels showing up in the TV, it was won us over instantly. We carried several safety concerns while coming to Kenya but the tight security here took away all our worries at least for the one night we stayed here. I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to put up in Kenya.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Sonik18,

I am so pleased to receive your most comprehensive feedback on your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind remarks on our outstanding service, exceptional colleagues and great facilitites.

At InterContinental Nairobi, we strive to meet and exceed guest’s expectation. I am happy to learn that this stay was superb. Thank you for commending our security. It gives us pleasure to know our guests can relax in a secure environment while in the hotel.

I am grateful for choosing InterContinental Nairobi to be your Home away from Home and look forward to welcoming you back.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a business meeting here and after the very thorough security screening we were welcomed into the warm lounge /foyer at the entry .Once inside its hard to believe the hotel is smack in the middle of the mad evening Nairobi traffic and you get transported into another serene world .There are a couple of restaurants at the entrance and one which looks like a coffee bar but we only got a chance to sample the terrace restaurant .There are two options for the terrace .One is sitting outside by the pool for drinks but for a more formal dinner sit inside the restaurant .I will definitely be coming back to sample the outside part as the music was drifting in to inside and the ambiance is absolutely glorious especially in this January evening weather .The service inside was great we had a waiter who though not so helpful with wine pairing choices was very efficient .The food is okay .I would have rated it as great but I was disappointed that there were no options for gluten free deserts.The meal was buffet but seeing as I am gluten intolerant my request for alternatives was not accommodated .They have an offer where you can buy a special card that entitles you to discounts on your bill .Free wifi is only for residents though .

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Nymbura N,

Thank you for taking time to give us comprehensive feedback on your visit to our hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to hold your meeting at our hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback on the level of security. It is our supreme goal to ensure that our guests relax in a secure environment while in the hotel.

I am grateful to receive your comments about our F&B outlets. I regret to learn that you experienced gaps in our service, especially on limited wine variety to choose from and the deserts. Our F&B team has looked into your comments for continuous improvement and make it more delightful for you and your guests.

I hope that you will find time soon to come and enjoy our outdoor bar, Makuti and sample scrumptious Nyama Choma. Did you know that we offer the finest Indian Cuisine in our Bhandini Restaurant?

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a relaxing and fulfilling evening out with my friends at the hotel. Initially: a thorough security system that is justified, secure parking and great welcoming.
Serene and clean environment around the pool: dinner under the stars, soft music and efficient service.
The setup was so relaxing that we extended our evening to stay longer.

Room Tip: Choose on the east are he quietest. Rooms on the west close to highway
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Aydrus,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your evening in a relaxed secure hotel environment. At InterContinental Nairobi, our goal is to consistently meet and exceed guest’s expectation.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and your guests. We will be glad to welcome you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good security, both outside the hotel and within. Very very good friendly and knowledgeable staff. We had late dinner outside at the BBQ, good steaks at a reasonable price. Very good bedroom with a very present bed and pillows. Very nicely decorated . The bathroom is a bit dated with an average shower over the bath. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear 68Dale68,

I am so pleased to receive your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our delightful BBQ. I appreciate your complements on our colleagues’ outstanding service and lovely breakfast.

It is great to know that the comfort of our room met your expectation. We are working on a plan to upgrade our bathroom facilities and hope that we will be able to embark on these enhancements soon.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to your return.

Kidlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is definitely very safe spot. City centre, close to all gov't buildings, embassies etc. Rooms are nice though a bit old, service is just excellent. Traffic is an incredible issue, be prepared to spend 1hr to get to hotel from airport. I would highly recommend indian restaurant - incredible authentic taste.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east/south - more light (my room on west/north side was rather dark, no ceilin...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Majuszek,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to know that the location of our hotel was ideal to you. I am grateful for your compliments on our outstanding service. It is great to note that you found time to dine at our Bhandini (Indian) Restaurant. Did you know that Makuti Bar offers delightful Kenyan BBQ (Nyama Choma)?

I will be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Dieter Franke

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!