“A high class hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Perth, United Kingdom
“A high class hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks and found it comfortable and convenient for the business district. Security is tight and well organised as befits a country which is prone to radical terrorism. The staff are high quality and provide superlative service in all aspects. I would recommend to anyone. The concierge staff deserve very high praise as nothing is impossible

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ian S,

Thank you for taking time to write your review on your recent stay. I am very happy to know that we met your expectation this stay. It is encouraging to know that you were able to relax in a secure environment while in the hotel.

I appreciate your compliments on our outstanding service. I am delighted to note that you found our colleagues excellent and supportive.

Thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Dieter Franke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Despite being an IHG Gold Elite member, I refused to stay at this hotel because of the bad reviews on Trip Advisor. On my 3rd year of travelling to Kenya, I made the right decision to choose this hotel.

I stayed in one of the Club rooms. The room is modern and spacious with a 40" flat screen. Fruits were available in the room everyday and I got free access to the Club Lounge which was very convenient since breakfast and dinner are both available.

The security is very good.. the best among the 5-star hotels I've stayed at in Nairobi. The service is excellent! Betty gave me a hassle-free check in and the ladies at the lounge were very accomodating. I wanted to give a present to a team I am working with in Nairobi so I asked if the hotel sell cakes in boxes. I was informed cakes are available only for hotel guests and they do not sell whole cakes.. My call in the evening was transferred to the chef and he accomodated my request for a whole cake in box.. Black forest cake was available the next day before 7am!!! That is fantastic service!

I regret that I have not stayed here in the 3 years I've been visiting Nairobi. I will definitely stay here on my next visit!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear wandering_dive_geek,

Thank you for your comprehensive review on your recent stay. I am truly delighted to note that you had a remarkable stay. I am happy with your comments that you found our services outstanding and loved our colleagues’ welcoming reception. Thank you for your compliments.

At InterContinental Nairobi, we strive to meet and exceed guests’ expectation. It is great to know that we seem to be heading in the right direction.

I will be pleased to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed in the InterContinental Nairobi as part of a safari vacation package. As others have commented, this is an older hotel that could use some overall updating. However, the room was very comfortable; and the service provided by the staff was excellent. Food in the various hotel restaurants was good overall as well. WiFi is free for a very limited time, then additional time is at a cost. The hotel put a great deal of emphasis on safety and security.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Charlie_From_Ohio

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to learn that you appreciate our rooms, our food and the excellent service by our staff. I am also glad that you recognize our emphasis on safety and security.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we truly look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in Intercontinental Nairobi for 4 weeks. I'd agree with most of the reviews here that the hotel is a little bit old and needs to be renovated. However, what is more important to me is the staff and the service. I had one of the best stays in terms of service. The staff were very helpful, decent and professional (except for one incident with concierge ).
Hotel management certainly know how to treat their loyal customer. The Club lounge staff are beyond amazing. I want to thank the following people in particular:

Andrew Muhoho for following up almost daily, Neefa and Simon - Duty Managers

Club lounge staff, I'm very sad that I don't recall the names, but I've dealt with every single staff member there and they're all awesomely amazing.

In room dining manager.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Mahmoud B

Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, highlighting that our staff were helpful, decent and professional. We pride ourselves in the dedication of our team who always aim to exceed the expectations of our guests.

I have shared your comments with Andrew, Niphar, Simon and the Club team who thank you for commending their commitment in enhancing your stay; it is always our pleasure to provide our guests with a truly memorable experience.

Thank you once again for your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards
Gaziantep, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was my first time at Nairobi but you don't go out at night thats what I heard. So the hotel is important for your needs. You can find everything in the hotel. Nice restaurant, good food, fast room service and wifi and the stuff were very nice and willing to help. My only complaint is the hotel is quite old. They need to renew the rooms. the carpet and the sofa was very old. But my overall experience were good. I will definetly stay it again if I ever go to nairobi again

Room Tip: ask for a room at front view
Dear Serkan A

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased to hear that you had a good stay and I thank you for highlighting our nice restaurants, good food and our staff. Thank you for your feedback about the rooms. This will be useful as we work on a plan to improve them.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regards,
General Manage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

business trip, secure hotel, but with good facilities, get a room that doesn't face the church as bells are loud, but the taxi rank for casino is very noisy.
Staff are friendly and attentive, sometimes a bit slow with drinks at breakfast, but when prompted will do as much as they can to help

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Phil J

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel safe, clean and pleasant.

It is our pleasure to provide our guests with a comfortable and memorable experience during their stay.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Antananarivo, Madagascar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One night stay for flight connection. First class room with all commodities despite somewhat oldish furnitures. Room service is OK. Front desk staff was very helpful. Impressive security setup giving a great sense of safety.

Room Tip: If not booked before it is worth it to negotiate a discounted rate at the airport
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dieter_Franke, General Manager at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Solofo,

Thank you for taking time to share with us feedback on your recent stay.

I am pleased to learn that you found our colleagues supportive and efficient. Thank you for your compliments on our security. It gives us joy to know that you were able to relax in a secure environment while in the hotel.

I am also grateful for highlighting our facilities. An upgrade program is on course, to ensure that your future stay is comfortable and memorable.

I will be pleased to welcome you back to our hotel.

Dieter Franke

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!