“Value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Noida, India
“Value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Intercon advantage is its location, right in to town. Good place to have business meetings and cut chat.

Service and food is very nice. only thing i didn't like is internet is not free. They still feel internet is luxury !!
Indian restaurant is very nice and pool side bar is good.

Room Tip: all rooms are same.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear DKSingh52,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Nairobi and for taking the time to review your recent stay. It is great to learn that our ideal location made your stay in our hotel convenient and that you loved the Indian Restaurant and the Pool Bar.

I am pleased to let you know that in conjunction with IHG Rewards Club, we now have an option for our valued guests to enjoy complimentary internet during their stay.

We hope to have another chance to serve you better in the near future.

Regional General Manager, Africa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel is located in the heart of Nairobi, right opposite the government offices and Parliament House.

Stayed there twice book ending our safari. The first time we stayed in the right hand side of the building (as you walk in), and the second time we stayed in the left. The rooms on the RHS were definitely newer and in in much better condition but lacked a view. The LHS rooms were much older but had the better view.

Fantastic pool and poolside bar lounge.

Casino in the hotel is dated and no Baccarat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear aditools,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your last stay at InterContinental. It gave us great pleasure to read your positive comment with particular regards to our Deluxe Rooms and the fantastic poolside bar lounge.

We hope it will not be too long before having the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel is ideal located and whatever you a have on your plans in Nairobi - the InterConti is top. Very helpful is also, that it is located not so far from the airport, specially flying towards Europe (I am using always Egypt Air) the plane leaves very, very early. The staff is very friendly and the food is exceptional. As I said, best stay in Nairobi!

Room Tip: For me it's the forth floor, but make your choice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JRS-Vienna,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a delightful review on Tripadvisor from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Nairobi. I am pleased to receive your comments about our friendly staff and exceptional food.

Your satisfaction is our priority and we do appreciate your choosing InterContinental Nairobi for your stay.

On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcome you again.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel in points is:
. Best located to start a visit to Kenya in the heart of the city.
. Staff are professional, helpful & welcoming specially if you are an IHG member when your reservation and check in will be handled smoothly and swift by a separate desk for members.
. Room is so clean and taken care by an excellent attendants.
. Food is very good with multiple collections, The pool terrace restaurant met all my expectations in breakfast and dinner!
. This is the most secured hotel I have ever stayed in.
. I do walked around, even went walking to the city market where a lot of African souvenirs can be purchased with open price negotiation.
.it was my first visit to Kenya and defiantly if coming back would stay here.
. We were in vacation, stayed one night, left to Masai Mara for a safari, came back other night and we flew to Mombassa next morning.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Hexa67,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Nairobi especially because of our location, service, food and security. We take guest security very seriously and I am glad you have noticed this.

The InterContinental Nairobi team is hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Groningen, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and professional. The quality of the hotel is very good, rooms are nice, the Indian restaurant offers very nice food.

When you are obviously a foreigner (like being white), going out of the hotel is problematic. You will be immediately "attacked" by someone who tries to get money. Security of the hotel recommends not to go out of the hotel on foot. So in fact you are imprisoned, unless you use cars all the time. The location, downtown Nairobi, sounds good, but is only useful if you really need to be downtown. Otherwise, because of the heavy traffic, you might better find a hotel further away from downtown.

The hotel is really of good quality but has spoiled it horrible. When I arrived on Sunday, they put me in a room at the seventh floor. In the evening, people started a party one floor below. Not a small party, but a noisy, loud, big party, with lots of music and heavy drums. After I complained around 0:45 to the reception, they told me they would do something about it. The result: the music got even more louder. When I complained again at 01:30, they told me it would almost finish. At 02:15, I got so mad that they finally offered me another room. From a colleague I heard the party went on till four o'clock in the morning. From Kenyan colleagues I heard the hotel is well known for this parties. When I book a hotel room, I expect to be able to sleep, otherwise I would book a night club. What I really mind is that the staff knows about this parties, and still puts you in rooms where they know it is extremely noisy when such parties take place. For sure I am not the first one who complains about such parties, but still no one seems to take care about it. It is really a shame such a high standard hotel (chain) treats customers in such horrible way. That is for me the reason to give it the mark "terrible".

Room Tip: Keep away from the seventh floor or at least use the higher numbers (above 750) to avoid that you ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear jfd_groningen

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and professional. We are also glad that you liked our rooms and the Indian Restaurant.

As one of our valued guests I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay; I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest apologies.

We do our best to ensure that our guests are not disturbed whenever there is a function in the hotel. This time things went beyond our expectation and I once again regret the inconvenience this caused you.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back at InterContinental Nairobi.

Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Good quality of services. Room very worn. Old furnishings. Curtain could hardly open properly. Bathroom also dated. From the bed you could hear people chatting in the corridor. Buffet dinner was ok, but expensive. Roast beef was a chewy as cold chewing gum. Breakfast was good, but no fresh juices. Gym downstairs had outdated machines, and one of the three treadmills was dangerous to use (but still in use!). Expensive and certainly not a European standard of 5-star.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear budapestguy,

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to know that you liked our quality of services.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the hotel condition issues and the quality of food. Rest assured that this will be reviewed and rectified to avoid the same issue in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Nairobi in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed at the InterContinental Hotel, Nairobi several times & my experience has always been superb!
They have very friendly & professional staff particularly the ones working on the executive floor where my partner & I always book to stay.
The breakfast has a variety of selection, freshly cooked/baked. We love the Sunday brunch! I would highly recommend it!
The rooms are sparkling clean! In all of our stays, we have had good & professional room attendants. Definitely the best experience we have had in all our travels.
I would particularly like to mention Cyprian Magero who works in the reservation/Marketing department. As an ambassador member, I find him very efficient, he is conversant with the privileges of the membership unlike in other IHG hotels where I've had to request for the membership benefits. I find him very reliable in managing my booking.
Overall, I strongly think the InterContinental is the best hotel in Nairobi with the most friendly staff.

Kessie.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ann N,

Thank you very much for having taken a moment of your valuable time to post your review regarding your stay with us at InterContinental Nairobi.

I would like to express my sincerest thanks for your positive ratings with regards to our hotel and our friendly team members. Coming from a valued guest such as yourself, your comments are indeed very much appreciated. Your commendation to Cyprian has been acknowledged and passed on to him as recognition for the great service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Nairobi in the near future, where you may be assured of our best possible attention at all times.

Regional General Manager, Africa

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!