I spent two nights and a partial day as part of a tour under Friendly Planet (Sept 29, 30 & Oct 4, 2013). You can see a view of the city from the balcony. Many shops and places to eat nearby. The hotel also has restaurants to choose from which I utilized. Not too many food selections but enough to satisfy your hunger. The staff is very helpful and friendly. You can connect to the hotel's internet for free but that only allowed use for iMessage or emails. Wifi is available for $5 1hr, $8 for 3hrs or 24 hrs access (don't remember cost). Connection wasn't the fastest but it worked nonetheless. One good thing is that the hr/hrs purchased could be used continuously or intermittently. The beds are comfortable. There's an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, some toiletries, wash cloth and bath towels provided by the hotel. Bring a travel converter for usage with outlets in Africa (I had the circular type but there is also another type that was better). The hotel also provided currency exchange. The entire hotel was always kept clean.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.