“Good for Business Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #29 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Moscow
“Good for Business Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is good, strong managed on high "world the best" level. Very good for business travelers because of location, internal facilities and pricing.
Would recommend the bar on a ground floor (on a left side from the reception). You can meet a lot of interesting people there.
Rooms are very good. Food is good but expensive. Service is great.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed 3 nights and had an overall gr8 experience. Further, I think the Intercontinental is unfavorably ranked here at TA. Stayed 1st night in the Holiday Inn and it was just awful, so we switched over to the Intercontinental (lower rate too). It was like leaving a cottage for a castle!

Very fast and efficient check-in/out and super helpful service staff all over. Rooms are nice, can't really complain about anything. Liked for instance the multi-set power outlets unleashing the converter need.

Like the gym. It has all amenities I need: hantles, treadmills and some machines.

Nice breakfast buffet. Tried the dinner buffet at night, which was a good choice too. Try the crab, delicious! Had lunch one day in the pub/cafeteria, but service was quite slow. A hassle to pay with credit cards.

If I would have the pleasure to return to Nairobi, I will head here again!

• Liked — Very good all over impression!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

I missed my connecting flight to Dubai and had no choice but to stay in Nairobi. I was flustered, disappointed, upset and in short, a wreck because i was alone and I missed my flight. It was the first time i was in Nairobi with no prior knowledge of the country since it was supposed to be a transit point.

However, after some deliberation, i decided to stay in Intercontinental. From the first step when the porter opened the door until the time the hotel shuttle dropped me off at the airport, the service was absolutely wonderful.

The officer was sympathetic and quickly checked me in and ensured i had an easy time adjusting. And she was only a trainee! Imagine the service from the normal staff! Like everyone else have mentioned, service from staff here is excellent! I settled in, calmed down and the concierge even helped to settle my tickets. Even when he couldnt confirm it, he kept trying until he could.

I cant stress this more. I had a wonderful stay in this hotel and i would be going there regularly now that i have business in Nairobi. Its service like this that you will remember forever. In fact, i am going to stay there again tomorrow. And im pretty sure i will have a wonderful stay!

• Liked — Service service & service
  • Disliked — not that i can think of
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

Spent one night there with my partner after our flight home was cancelled. The airline made all the arrangements for us.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The poolisde restaurant was really great and we particularly enjoyed all of our meals there. However, we did have some problems during our short stay.
1. Although we were a couple, we were assigned a twin room. We were subsequently offered a double but at that stage we had unpacked and did not wish to move again.
2. We requested some toilet paper for our bathroom but this was not provided until we came back in the evening and had to ask again.
3. The toilet flush did not work well and we needed to get a plumber to fix that (when we really wanted to have a quiet rest).
4. We had difficulty getting the lights in our room to work (other than the bathroom) and when we asked for assistance, it was promised but not provided.

Perhaps we were just unlucky with the room we were assigned and I would not let it deter me from staying there again as it really is a nice hotel in a great location, with great facilities - choice of 3 restaurants, pool and leisure centre, casino, shops, etc.,

One word of warning to travellers. The concierge desk can arrange trips by taxi to Nairobi national park (well worth a visit) but the taxi guy with the franchise quoted us an exorbitant price (about $100 for a 2 hour trip). We contacted another driver that we knew who did it at about a quarter of the price - so shop around wisely and negotiate hard before you book any trips.

• Liked — Polside restaurant and location
  • Disliked — problems with oyur room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

Hi all !
I am sorry for the late review !
After a very long, hard night´s work ( drinking!!!) (or using my right arm) ! lol, watching endless films,Traveling on board the Kenya Airways flight, ( fantastic flight, aircraft, service and staff) !!!
The customs in Nairobi, was not a problem even for our 50 Kgs plus, in extra luggage allowance ( Charity gifts),. We also got our visa on arrival at the airport without a hitch.
We arrived at the intercontinental Hotel, at around 6.30 AM.
with no problems !!!!!!
The security in this Hotel is paramount,underneath our mini bus was searched and the passengers were scrutinized ( i´m not surprised) lol. All was checked to be safe than sorry!
When we got to the reception, the members of staff were fantastic, they were very quick and efficient, they were helpful in every way!
Our booking of 5, (2 singles + a triple) was a little bit of a problem, as the singles were 2 males,got a double bed, and the triple, got 2 single beds, males got sorted out straight away, but I ended up with my 12 yr old son in 1 bed! I didn´t realize how loud he snored!!
In all, this was not a problem in the least!
The room was large enough for 3 people and was very comfortable!
The bathroom had all the normal bits and pieces, and wasn´t too small.
The rooms were very nicely decorated, with water, tea and coffee facilities plus a big TV,which was acceptable to my 12 yr old!
They helped us in every way here, they even helped us sort out a taxi, for 5 of us, to go out sight seeing for the day, in 1 taxi !,
We went to Sheldricks Elephant Orphanage, the Karen Blixon Museum and a look around the city,on the full day that we had there! This was a fanatstic start to our holiday !
The lay out of the hotel was great, their bars and restaurants for the evening was set out beautifully,and the service and prices were pretty good too!
The restaurant that over looked the pool area first thing in the morning was lovely, Even during our storm!
When leaving the hotel in the Early morning, this was quick and painless! As we had too leave allot of luggage behind( Charity donations), minimum of 50 Kgs plus our beach holiday luggage, this was not a problem in the least for anyone here! They were more than helpful !
This hotel was a special treat for the start of our 20 day holiday!
It started our holiday off with a bang, We could not fault this hotel in any way!
When we returned, just to pick up our luggage, after our safari, to carry on to our beach holiday, all the members of staff were pleased to see us, asked how our safari had gone and 1 or 2 even remembered our names as we got out of our mini bus! Hows that for service! Or did we make that much of an impact !! lol.
We also got to meet our companion who stayed here too!( the sixth person for the mini bus) for our safari, and what a great person he was too!, We must all have had good tastes!
This hotel is a must !! , Whether for a Business Trip, or just for the start of The Perfect Holiday in Kenya!
The one thing that i would not do again though, is book through the Travel agents ( Travelbag ) or their Kenya agents again in Nairobi ( Pollmans tours and safari)
They were disgusting, we had to sort out our own problems from day 1, but what we sorted out ourselves turned out to be a Great Holiday !
I would not recommend either of these Sharks to anyone !
If you could go through a different company or direct, please do so !, for this hotel and or a holiday in Kenya !
I do recommend this hotel in its entirety !
We will definitely return Here !!
The Hotel and staff (every one of them that we met )were fantastic !!!!!
I hope i will have helped you make a Great decision !
Taffy

• Liked — Staff and everything else !
  • Disliked — Having to say Good Bye to the Staff !!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during my business travel. Room was comfortable but do not choose any connection rooms because you can hear all speach behind the door. In room internet, safe box and ironing board is available. Bathroom is small but ok as all toiletories are available and renewed everyday. Complimentary water and coffee/tea are provided everyday. Kettle exists in the room.
Breakfast banquest is rich with all local and international tastes. There is a 24 hour cafe in the lobby and an Indian and an Italian restaurant. I tried all and all were fine. Service is good and meals are delicious as well as the elegancy of the restaurants. There is live music in the bar during the weekend so there is life in the hotel if one does go out in the evening. Business center is 24 hour available and speed is fast if there isn't a general problem which could happen.
There is sufficient service staff available in the front office, porters..etc. Needs are sorted out fast. Taxi is always available. There is a comfortable lounge on the 4th floor.
The hotel is situated in a central area, safe to walk during the day but question mark in the evening because it is fairly dark and it is not recommended to take a walk outside. After all there is nothing to see and no attraction to visit but I strongly recommend this hotel for tourist and business travellers. Concierge is helpful for all types of organisations in Nairobi.

• Liked — Restaurant, breakfast, and room comfort
  • Disliked — There is a stuffy smell in the room and corridor
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Nairboi for one night. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a porter who graciously assisted with the luggage. While the check-in was busy, the desk clerks were fast and efficient, make the process go quickly.

I was given a room on the third floor. It had a king sized bed, a nice work desk, and a sitting area with a chair and small couch. The bed was comfortable and the room had AC with in room controls.
There was more than enough room to relax and work. Included in the room was two complimentary bottles of water and a small fruit bowl. After a long flight, this was a very nice touch.

I had a slight problem with the TV in the room, but after reporting the problem, it was serviced right away.

For dining, I ate at the Bhandini restaurant in the hotel. The Bhandini offers Northern Indian style cuisine. The food was fantastic and the waiter made me feel like I was his only customer in the restaurant even though it was fairly busy. I had a great dining experience for about $25.00 US, including drinks.

Breakfast the next morning was served at The Terrace restaurant. The Terrace offered a breakfast buffet with a wide variety of fresh fruits, juices, breads, meats, cheeses. They also had hot items including waffles, sausages, pancakes, and an chefs station where you could order eggs and omelets.

The hotel also offered several other dining choices, along with sports bar, and a lounge that offered snacks, coffees, tees, and desserts.

Checking out from the hotel went very smooth as well. Once again the staff was quick and efficient. I used the hotel shuttle service to the airport. The cost was $20.00 US.

Overall the stay was very pleasant. Since this is a chain hotel, it might not offer some of the local ambiance and flavor that some are looking for in a Nairobi hotel. It is certainly more geared toward the business traveler, but it is certainly a nice place to stay

• Liked — The staff was excellent
  • Disliked — High cost of Internet Usage
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to InterContinental Nairobi? Share your experiences!