Why ever would a hotel with the reputation of the InterContinental rent out a room in which the bathroom sink drained so slowly the basin would fill to the brim in the time it took me to wash my face? (There wasn't a drain stopper either, but, heck, who needed one?) Oh, and there was no clock in the room. No alarm clock by the bed -- not even a time display on the tv (because it was one of those old tube televisions). Add that to the fact that they tried to charge me a second time for my prepaid room, and, well, this is one place I can't recommend to anyone but the desperate. That they put me next to the elevator and I had to listen to the thrum of the cables all night seems sorta par for the course. The only "plus"? A comfy pillow-top mattress.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.