I consider my self a world traveler, and easy going, but... I came back to Nairobi after a week's Safari, in tents and sleeping bags, and it was wonderful.
Really looking forward to stay at a supposedly great hotel like a IC for some Luxury and comfort. The first shock was when I register, the despotism and race-sit way I was treated by the girl in the front desk was clearly offensive, and I am not even white!!! I am Latin!!
She went out of her way to give us the worst rooms even do the concierge toll me before they were at 60% capacity.
We have to really loose our temper in order to have a manager hear us out, just to be moved to the next nightmare.
Dirty carpets, missing handles in the sink and shower!!!! Room 350 to be exact, all the bathtubs was stein black, really disgusting. May 30-June 2
It was all prepaid, so could not even move somewhere else
Finally the girl at customer services moved us to a better area of the hotel, but not until they realize I am an executive platinum at my airline and a Gold member at IC.
There are 7/10 better hotels in Nairobi, and probably safer, this one, you had the feeling it was going to be the target of a terrorist bomb. And the building looks like a warehouse, really tired, need millions in renovations.
Needles to say I already cancelled my next reservation in Beijing and Shanghai at the Intercontinental
The biggest joke... It was voted Best Nairobi Hotel in 2012
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.