The service was very accomodating and attentive with the exception of one experience at the pool-side grill. The breakfast had a good selection of fresh foods, omelets, homemade pastries and jams as well as delicious fresh juices. Although it was buffet the service was prompt and we didn't have to wait around like some buffets. We checked in as part of a group but the process was smooth and organized, no wait.
Beds were comfortable but as others have noted, rooms are worn and in need of upgrade, although everything is very clean. Rooms are spacious with wide doors that open and city views. Plumbing also seems old (rusty water at times, toilet didn't always flush). The do provide free bottled water each day. Location is convenient, can walk to the park or the city market. There is also a decent gift shop on site for last minute souvenirs with reasonable prices.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.