All around bad experience. Arrived 4 hours before official check in time on the red eye, and though my room was ready, I was asked to pay for a full extra day for the privilege of early check in. Now, mind you, I was part of a big conference that had booked a large block of rooms, and there was no letting my room out to someone else for the 4 hours, so opportunity cost of a happy customer here was zero, which the cost of a grumpy one was high. I eventually got the manager to let me check in without the whopping fee, but we were off to a bad start. Later that day, I had to call three times to room service to get a bucket of ice, and then, after waiting 45 minutes, went to the kitchen myself to get it myself. Room décor is old and in desperate need of refurbishment. Mine had a depressing view of a flat roof below and curtains off the rails. Not what you’d expect from this brand or for the price. Skip it.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.