The hotel is dated and expensive. The furniture and spa facilities were dated. I stayed here for business but had to think over the high charges for internet and printing. Breakfast was excellent without a doubt and location of the hotel is really good, in the heart of Nairobi. I used the hotel taxi for my airport transfers, which was good and reliable. Overall, it was not a bad stay, even though I think the hotel rooms are super expensive. Having stayed at intercontinental hotels at other places, I think this hotel has scope for development. The room I got was at a lower level (2nd story) and had poor views. Some guests were complaining about the noise from hotel's nightclub but I was slightly far from the night activities. It was a crowded hotel with many activities running at a same time. Staff are mostly friendly and are helpful. Didn't use the swimming pool, but stayed around it for lunch and chat with friends. It was a pleasant environment but a bit busy. Overall, it was an OK experience, not brilliant to be honest.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.