We spent a total of 4 nights at the Intercontinental Nairobi. You are greeted with Security and very well dressed hotel employes. The front desk was very helpful, I had paid for an upgrade and they changed the room at my request. The staff is impeccably dressed, pressed suits and very polite and proper British English.
Our room was Very clean and the beds super confortable. the hotel is in the middle of the city so there was a bit of noise. We had two different rooms, one with a great view, one less so.
Ive seen complaints about the breakfast, Im not sure where they ate, all was great for our visit, they would make your eggs how you wanted, and there was plenty of well presented good tasting food. The service where they served breakfast was quick and polite. The staff greeted us each time we passed, and remembered us when we came back for our second stay. The internet is overpriced, but you can purchase a half hour for 5$, they assured me that the corporation was changing the internet policy. i had some problems connection internet and their technical man came and spent time until he got the problem fixed.
We bought some "antique" artifacts in the hotel antique shop, even thought they tell you its old, its NOT, so buy it if you like it, but not because its an antique.
Overall our stay was very good, and the staff was super.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.