After arriving at 9pm after a long day flying and being a Platinum member for 9 years i was expecting a quick shower, some food and then sleep. Not here! 40 min wait to get a room, dinner offered and then removed, £20 per day internet charge (seriously it is 2013), some staff excellent though some incompetent and depending who you talk to you get a different answer to your questions.
This hotel has the business market because of the name but for a leisure traveller it would be madness to stay here with all the other options now available in Nairobi.
I complained to the GM (Karl) who I have to say was very impressive and understood my complaints but he has a difficult job if he wants the leisure market. I recommend he goes to Art Caffe and steals their staff and moves on some of the ones he has who maybe think they don't need to treat people in shorts the way they do people in a suit.
These days hotels should be funky, up to date technology, smart and vibrant. This one is stuffy and old fashioned where a guy shining shoes would not look out of place.
The hotel is clean, comfortable etc just incredibly disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.