As you enter this property, you really do feel as though you've stepped back in time. Reception area carpeting, furniture and decoration completely worn out. The fifth floor, standard room I occupied, was equally outdated with a thread bare carpet and furniture so worn it was only fit for the trash. Tiny, ancient TV with very poor reception on most channels. A/C controls look as though they belong in a museum. The bathroom was very, very sad indeed. The noise levels were some of the worst I have experienced and I was constantly awoken by the slamming of room doors. The staff were friendly enough but passing this place off as an InterContinental is just blatant misrepresentation.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.