My wife and I stayed two nights in Sept 2012--one at the beginning and one at the end of a 16-day Overseas Adventure Safari in Kenya and Tanzania. [I didn't rate Value because I don't know how much our room cost.] The hotel curbside and lobby appearance were impressive. Security is a priority and appeared ample--huge barriers prevented vehicles approaching the front of the hotel until inside and underside inspection were complete.
Public areas were beautifully furnished and spacious. Our rooms were well decorated and clean. The king size beds were comfortable--eight pillows of different firmness and a fluffy duvet. Towels were thick and large. Toiletries were high quality.
Our first bathroom had a weak flushing toilet that took several flushes to clear the bowl. Our second bathroom had a water leak from the floor above that trickled down but maintenance people were quick to fix it.
The breakfast buffet was enormous and excellent.
I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk exchanged $US for Kenyan shillings at the going rate and no transaction fee.
On the last day of our trip, I asked the concierge to confirm our flights. He was pleasant and apologetic, but he was unable to do so because their computer network wasn't working properly. He said we could go to their business hub and use a computer (for a fee) to confirm our flight ourselves.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Otel and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.