The property is very old and while an attempt has been made to modernize the rooms, the overall hotel is not 5 star.
The beds are very comfy and the rooms large but not equivalent to other 5 star properties. The TV is very old and poor quality and the shower curtain and bath need a redo.
The staff are all very friendly and the breakfast buffet is good.
Cons are expensive wifi, old fashioned dining area and bathrooms.
Pro decent central location.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.