We stayed at this hotel because KTB (Kenya Tourism Board) booked us here to attend the "Magical Kenya" Expo this year. We stayed here twice, one night on arrival before leaving to Nanyuki, and then 4 more nights on the way back to attend the Expo.
The first stay was alright, I was given a room which I would class as a 4 star. It was clean, but the bathroom was in a run down shape and the TV cabinet was broken. I said to myself its ok I can handle it, its only one night.
The disaster happened when we stayed on the way back, I was put in a room that can only be described as a prison cell ! There was no desk, no table, the bathroom was tiny and dirty, no head board on the bed, not even a table to place my bag on! I immediately called our Tour Guide and demanded a change ! I quickly went online and read some reviews on Trip Advisor so I know what rooms to ask for. I was changed within the hour to a deluxe category, now this is what Intercontinental standard should be ! The room was large, with luxury furnishing and amenities and a modern new bathroom. If you ever stay at this hotel, NEVER take any of the old rooms! You're better off sleeping in the street !
Location wise the hotel is perfect, located in the heart of the city with a walking distance from the Expo Centre , shops, cinema, and the Maasai Market. Safety is also guaranteed since there are guards 24/7 and a private parking area.
Food was 5 star quality, breakfast and dinner buffets were meters long packed with different kinds of food, desert, fruits, etc. You won't get bored eating at the hotel at all if you have a short visit.
Service is also good, all my requests were met on time and promptly and with a smile. They even let us leave some bags that had our formal clothes at the luggage room while we did our 5 day tour of Nanyuki and Maasai Mara. Though one bag was ripped as it seems it was lifted and moved with force, but it was a small inexpensive bag so I didn't make a fuss.
Overall, good hotel with good location, food and friendly staff. But I don't see myself staying here for leisure when I stay at Nairobi next time. Sorry.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.