This is an old used-to-be-good hotel.
Right now the prices are unreal. They will communicate you a rate (170USD night) but they will put a 28% government tax, a 16% VAT , a Service Charge and a Training Levy (what???) ... This lack of transparency is really something of the past.. do not have the patience to deal with this kind of behavior anymore.
The indian restaurant in the lobby is ok, avoid the buffet restaurant by the pool.
Breakfast is not included and has a price of like 20USD... Internet is not included and is also over 20USD a day....
Avoid staying here if possible.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.