Stayed at the ICH Nairobi for a couple of nights at the end of July 2012 and was impressed by it's convenient location, keen attention to distinction and above all the professionalism and excellent service provided by the staff. The hotel is indeed one of the older properties in Nairobi - I visited the hotel several times as a young lad in the 80s and 90s and returned as an adult and in my opinion it's stood the test of time.
The rooms are big (in comparison to IC hotels in Europe), very clean and well provisioned. I used the priority club check in facility in the lobby area and that was fast, efficient and they were expecting me. My experience of the service was therefore exceptionally good right from the start.
Being balanced and also rooting for this hotel to achieve even greater heights - think some aspects of the rooms (e.g. The TVs and bathroom are due an upgrade). Otherwise can't fault the hotel.
Overall I think you'd enjoy a Nairobi stopover here - and don't think the trip advisor rating at 22 in Nairobi fairly reflects the hotel's standards (having stayed at some of the higher rated properties as well...).
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.