A sudden trip to NBO saw me staying at the Intercon for one night. Location is in the middle of downtown, in the heart of the government district. The hotel is low rise and the lobby area and lobby bar presentable.
I ate lunch in the lobby bar and the food was tasty. Like most big name hotels, the food was expensive for what it was. Breakfast the folllowing morning was buffet style and very again expensive - and not as good quality in my view as the food I had eaten in the lobby bar.
The room was on the face of it very nice, although walking in to find a welcome letter and a spare key for someone other than myself was a bit perturbing. That resolved with reception, I could settle in. The bed linen was crisp, and the rooms had all the expected amenities. The only problem was the air conditioning, or lack thereof. There was a unit in the room, but it steadfastly refused to go any lower than 24.5'. Too hot. Despite a complaint to reception, when I came back from dinner at L'Osteria (recommended by the way), it was still 24.5'.
I hardly slept as a result. I only started to doze when I opened the window in the middle of the night, but that had the undesired effect of letting the mosquitoes in, and they proceded to feast upon me.
I've stayed here before and the stays have been fine, so I have not marked as low as I may have done as a result, but this stay was, unfortunately, disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Intercontinental Nairobi Hotel
- Nairobi Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Nairobi has for years been an oasis of luxury for business travellers as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, Kenyatta International Convention Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.