We stayed at the Holiday Inn Nairobi for three nights and loved everything about it.
We had a room facing the garden and swimming pool (they have two pools, one in the garden and another one near the restaurant) which was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable.
The breakfast buffet had plenty of choices and at dinner time they had a buffet or a la carte menu, food was good and reasonably priced. There is also a steak house attached to the hotel.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the ladies at the reception went out of their way to assist us with a small problem we had, which had nothing to do with the hotel. Very much appreciated.
The location is not in the city centre but it is very easy to get around by taxi and the Sarit shopping centre (Banana Box on the ground floor excellent for fair trade souvenirs!) and a small curio market are within easy walking distance.
Overall we had an excellent stay and will definitely use the Holiday Inn Nairobi again on our next stopover.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.