We stayed at this hotel on 3 separate days whilst on safari in Kenya and Tanzania. We found the service from the entire staff to be very helpful and friendly. On our last evening, the buffet was opened 30 minutes early so that we could eat in good time for our flight and the food prepared by the chef (especially the red snapper) was excellent. Special thanks also to the porters who carefully wrapped our giraffe for safe transport back home to the UK.
The gardens and poolside provided a very relaxing environment to relax after busy days on safari.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.