We stayed here for one night as the road to our hol apt was blocked by rain and was trapped for hrs....we decided to try and turn back and this was the only hotel nearby ......the night staff was very helpful in accommodating and understanding us as we had no documents on us.....the room was comfortable and clean with free wifi....a very relaxing night .Breakfast was really awesome by the poolside and the staff was helpful....gardens were lush and the a relaxing atmosphere... its well situated as not far away from wetlands n the city itself...... We had a meal at the Mayfair restaurant ....STEAK N CHIPS......That steak was out of this world a very big portion soft n succulent served with lots of salad ect ect ...it's unbeliably tasty and you will never b able to finish it,the staff there also are ever so attentive and friendly... if in nairobi go and hav the steak as you will never regret it......
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick and Travelocity so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.