The rooms were old and musty. The beds were very uncomfortable and the service was indifferent at best. Trying to get coffee in the morning at the hotel was a constant battle. It used to be a holiday inn and it is not what I would call "comfortable." It does have the benefit of being outside city center which helps avoid some traffic but not all. I cannot recommend anything about this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.