We called at this colonial type hotel three times during our kenyan safari - over-night on arrival, for lunch half way through and on the day of our departure.
Room was clean and comfortable, food was good and staff friendly and very attentive.
There is a steak house type restaurant attached to the hotel, where we ate the first night - huge steak reasonably priced, and an alternative to the hotel menu.
Two pools to choose from, one by the bar/restaurant and one in the well maintained garden surrounded by mature trees.
Although we were on holiday, I would think that this would be an ideal place to stay for a business trip to Kenya
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick and Travelocity so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.