Our party of 7 came into the airport at Nairobi late, tired, and hungry. We were greeted by a very nice driver from the hotel who took care of everything. We found the hotel to be lovely and charming. But the best thing was the food - even though it was around 8 pm, the buffet out in the spacious and pretty open dining room was still open. We found a huge variety of excellent food, served by warm, friendly, and efficient staff. We were delighted, needless to say. Then breakfast buffet the next morning was just as good. An enormous variety of beautiful and delicious options and good coffee gave us a fabulous start to our African trip, although we couldn't resist lingering at breakfast and did not get off quite as early as planned. This is a very, very good hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.