Yes the rooms are a little tired but nevertheless we had a good nights sleep. We just wanted a night in Nairobi prior to going on safari and this hotel ticked all the boxes. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. The bar staff equally so, the restaurant staff too and the food was really good, what it said on the tin bar food. One real niggle is there were people just sitting out at the tables on the patio which was set up for diners clearly using it for smoking, we moved tables to avoid one very annoying woman virtually chain smoking who didn't appear to consume anything.
Breakfast served by the pool was a great start to the day and our Kenyan adventures and they literally had too much food to mention, great service too.
Overall I would be more than happy to visit this hotel again, it was great value for money and a great stop off point.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.