I have stayed in this hotel three times usually for thirty days at a time for work. The hotel is among the best at which I have stayed. The staff is most welcoming. It starts at the top, the hotel manager Paul and goes to the lowest level employee. Even the security guards, employed by an outside firm, are a cut above what you find in Nairobi.
The gym is a little small. However, there is not much else to say negative about the entire property. The restaurant offers a buffet and a menu. The rooms are immaculate and the common areas of the hotel are maintained to a very high standard.
The layout of the hotel with its many wings and low (two story) design make it a very safe and secure place. The location is much better than being in the congestion of downtown Nairobi. Shopping and dining are convenient to the hotel in that there is a modern mall within a ten minute walk. Very difficult place to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.