Considering the chaotic nature of Nairobi (and accompanying sounds) it's important to choose a hotel that filters out those noices for a well deserved rest.
The Southern Sun Mayfair offers exactly that. It's a beautiful colonial hotel with amazing gardens. The rooms are spacious enough and are of a very acceptable luxury standard (although the beds are a bit hard for my taste..). The bathroom could have been better, especially the water was fluctuating from time to time (temp and pressure) but that was the only glitch.
Service is fast and welcoming and the food served in the attached Spur restaurant is actually of a good level (it's like an american steakhouse). Breakfast is served at the other restaurant and is of very good quality as well.
Overall; a recommended stay in Nairobi. It's not the best hotel, but considering the price it's def. worth the money!
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.