There are some very good points about this hotel. The setting is attractive. It is near shops and restaurants. Staff is competent. Swimming pool(s) are large and clear -- excellent for lap swimming. But overall, it was not a brilliant experience. When Iarrived in my non-smoking room, the wastebasket had not been emptied, and there was a cigarette pack and some butts in the wastebasket. The windows were wide open, which I didn't think much about, since the weather outside was pleasant. However, it must have been to air out the smoky room. That night, the room was FULL of mosquitos. There was spray in the room, which did have some effect, but a net or incense coil would have been much better. Or keeping the windows closed or screened. The small room also lacked a clock, an iron, and enough hangers. Laundry was expensive, though reliable. Mine might have been bad luck, but one sleepless night was enough to scar the three day visit.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel
- Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Holiday Inn Nairobi
- Nairobi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOUTHERN SUN MAYFAIR IS ONE OF NAIROBI'S BEST KNOWN LANDMARKS THAT FIRST ENJOYED ITS HEYDAY IN 1940'S COLONIAL KENYA. IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED TO PROVIDE MODERN FACILITIES, YET RETAINS THE UNDERSTATED CHARM AND ELEGANCE OF YESTERYEAR. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTRE AND ONLY 20KM FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. WE WELCOME GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE THE TRADITIONAL WARMTH AND HOSPITALITY FOR WHICH BOTH KENYA AND SOUTHERN SUN ARE RENOWNED. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.