“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gemina Court
Save Saved
You added Gemina Court to your Saves list
George Padmore Road, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #61 of 96 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
New York City, New York
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

For the same price you can stay at the Best Western which has far better rooms, better located, less noisy, newer, and cleaner.

It was very noisy at night due to the neighbours having parties till 2am and 3am in the morning. The apartment was clean but dank and musty. The curtains don't close properly, which usually wouldn't bother me but as a single female traveling alone I didn't like that people could see in at night.

I paid on arrival for 8 days. After 3 nights I told them I would leave the following day, the 'management' were rude and insolent. They told me that not only would I not get any refund for the nights remaining but if I had stayed for the 8 nights the accountant had charged me wrongly and I needed to pay an additional 9000KES for the last night. To make matters worse, when I did check out, they didn't even provide me with the US250 deposit for the room!

You can get a room at the Best Western for 9000KES per night - much better value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor because there's lots of noise and avoid upstairs because you'll need...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Windhoek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked for 6 nights and was allocated E3 which is on the ground floor, bedroom window facing the entrance. Could not sleep the first night because of the noisy lift and people trafficking to their apartments during the night. The staff were very helpful to shift me to another comfortable and quite apartment the ext morning. I extended my stay with 3 nights which was agreed to by the lady at reception just to be met with a hostile manager to told me that the receptionist did not have the right to extend my booking and that she did not want to disappointed her guests. I was not a guest????????/ Wow was I surprised. So I had to check out the next day to find another place for one night.
The place is very old and cold inside, but kept clean. The only modern items are the microwave, fridge and the television. Internet connection is very poor. Nairobi is big so I would not stay at Gemina court by choice again.

Room Tip: Apartment on the upper levels are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Goa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

A friend recommended this place and I booked a apartment for 9 nights. This place is around 10 minutes walk from Yaya Centre and Nakumatt Junction. I stayed on the ground floor in apartment E3 which has a hall, passage leading to one bedroom, kitchen and a bathroom. There were a lot of other Expats from Europe who were staying here for around 8 months as they had adopted Kenyan children. The security is excellent with a electrified fence and very alert guards who are seen 24 hours. The reception is friendly with people like Rebecca, Alice etc. who go out of their way to help you and make your stay comfortable. On a Sunday, I needed some clothes to be washed and the reception arranged for a lady to come and wash clothes (500 KSH). On other days a machine load of clothes to be washed costs around 600 KSH. Wifi too is good. I saw ants in the kitchen and a cockroach near the fridge. This was shown to Rebecca who promised action. The property has a swimming pool and a sauna room. If the management of Gemina court ensures that pest control is done every quarter, this is a great property to stay in. If one decides to stay for a week, special rates can be worked out.
I will definitely go back to Gemina Court.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Gemina Court? Share your experiences!