“Great Lebanese food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Doha, Qatar
“Great Lebanese food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Restaurant upstairs is really nice, spacious, good service. We've had the Lebanese food every time we go there, their sushi is a bit overpriced compared to other restaurants/hotels. The 'small' Lebanese dishes are the best, their main courses are a bit boring and over-grilled sometimes.
Don't let them put you at the tables at the end of the partition on the right, you get bumped EVERY time by passing waiters!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kathmandu, Nepal
“I really tried to like this place, but...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I tried several times (both in the old location and in the new one), and I consistently get food poisoning.
The first time it was in the old location. I had sushi for lunch with friends. The owner was not around (he was out of the country). We all got sick!
Then, when the new place opened up at Junction, I tried the Lebanese. Again, my husband and I got sick! You would wonder how you can get food poisoning from Lebanese food - but we both did!
Then I also tried (why, I can't tell you) the Japanese again. And same result - food poisoning. The rice was also burnt!
The only times I got sick in Nairobi was these three times!
If they can fix the hygiene issues, this could be a great place to hang out, as the terrace is cozy, and the restaurant decor is nice.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Delicious Middle Eastern food and great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Super selection; easy to feed a family with a wide selection of dishes.

“Just average...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a post-valentine treat with my husband over the weekend at this restaurant but for me, there was nothing to write home about. It doesn't offer much of a fine dining more so a romantic candlelit experience and i found the food highly overpriced and bland. The waiters could be more professional although they tried and were quick to attend to us and check on us from time to time. My take...good place to eat out and share a drink with friends but not for anyone looking for a romantic dinner!

Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Lebanese & Japanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Phoenician is very well situated at the Junction Mall with ample parking. Sushi is served in the ground floor while the restaurant is situated above with a wide variety of Lebanese and Japanese dishes