“A place away from the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Place Conference & Training Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oak Place Conference & Training Centre
You added Oak Place Conference & Training Centre to your Saves list
Ridgeways, Off Garden Estate road | opposite Oak Lane, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #22 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“A place away from the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff courtesy was excellent and the service offered is very good.hotel was neat and relaxing,the hotel itself is fairly away from the city's hustle and bustle, and the atmosphere is surprisingly quiet.Food quality and portions were okay but our waiter was not very attentive or at hand to assist. wireless was not that good, i appreciated that there is a safe in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I love this place. the customer service was superb. The food and the amenities were exceptional. I liked the conference rooms which are clean and offer spacious room for meetings. I recommend this place to any groups that would like to hold meetings in a quiet and serene environment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The meals were excellent.Continue the good work,good service also felt pampered.The location of the place is at a serene place which makes it so perfect.The gardens are beautiful and amazing.The swimming pool area is very clean and the pool is huge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Arusha, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently visited Oak place. I loved that it is just outside the city but also convenient to Nairobi City. The service was excellent. The grounds are pretty. I loved that it was clean. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've made it my regular meetings venue because the ambience is super and has everything I need for a smooth meeting. The venue has it all , from restaurant, accommodation ,meeting facilities etc oak place is the best for whatever reason. I would and have recommended it to many of my clients.
*please give us back the right to take away Friday stir fry*

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

a friend told me about Oak Place so i decided to go have some fun with my family on Sunday after church service... I must say that it really is a very beautiful place, the scenery was just amazing, the food esp the Barbeque meat was just awesome but the service was below 10% for me... our waiter was too slow esp with the drinks and i had to remind him of our orders..... otherwise the kids utterly enjoyed themselves at the Kids corner where they have set the games and go-carts...

Room Tip: room 15 is just out of this world!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thika, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This may seem weird but having worked for at organization for two years and attending so many team building sessions , seminars and conference in most of the best hotels in Nairobi, I have never felt so comfortable like I did at Ridgeville hence this is my second hotel that am writing a review of.
Ridgeville is located in the outcasts of Nairobi, at ridgeways to be precise, the organization vehicle dropped and picked us from there but am made to understand that the area is well accessible even with the public means or taxi cabs. At the entrance we were welcomed warmly with a porridge and soup which were served in a calabash (, for the first time in my life I felt like I was drinking something else which is more expensive that the normal porridge I take at home or in any hotel in Nairobi which is served in a mug.), we enjoyed as we watched some foreigners been welcomed by local dancers dancing to the cultural local tunes, This are some of the cultural practices that the hotel maintains
We were then taken to our rooms where we would spend the night, the rooms were well lit and ventilated, it felt so good breathing in clean air as opposed to the polluted air we breathe on daily basis as we head for our offices .
Early in the morning I enjoyed the singing and whistling that came from the birds as we took our morning session which mainly included jogging and physical exercises. We then went to enjoy our breakfast which was well served; we were able to interact with other hotel guest and made new friends.
The day was well spent and it did not go without me noticing the beautiful well-manicured landscape and the humble employees who served us, the hotel location for a while took me away from the daily matatus(public transport )noise and the air pollution.
My stay at Ridgeville can only be summarized by saying I loved and enjoyed my stay there from the excellent customer, beautifully manicured gardens and the culture they uphold.
For a stay there you can visit their website http://ridgevilleresort.com/ at or join them in facebook and remember to share your experience with me.

Room Tip: Rooms were very good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Oak Place Conference & Training Centre? Share your experiences!