“An adventure of a lifetime with African Servalcat Safaris” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: A well established registered and licensed local tour operator dedicated to offering personalized services and affordable thrilling Africa Wildlife Safaris Tours Holidays Trips Kenya Tanzania.
San Francisco, California
“An adventure of a lifetime with African Servalcat Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week safari/beach holiday in Kenya with African Servalcat Safaris. I would like to provide a snapshot of how truly remarkable our experience was and why I highly recommend this tour operator. We have travelled across the globe to Europe, Central America, South America, Asia, and the Middle East but we have never been treated with such excellent customer service and attention to detail in all of our experiences abroad.

Sylvester is the owner of the company and is very responsive to inquiries. He will answer your emails morning and night and will do his best to create an itinerary that will exceed your expectations. The day before we were to leave for our trip, a terrorist attack occurred at a shopping mall in Nairobi and my husband and I felt compelled to cancel our trip. Sylvester was extremely kind and took care of cancelling our arrangements and rebooking them for late October. Although some of the accommodations were not cooperating with crediting us for a future booking, Sylvester was persistent and succeeded in giving us credit at all locations including our domestic flight to Mombasa! He emailed me everyday to provide updates.

Sylvester is an honest family man with Christian values. When we told him that we were bringing 150 pounds of school supplies, he provided a vehicle for us which would accommodate our storage needs. Even more wonderful was when the school asked for textbooks and Sylvester agreed to purchase hundreds for us in Nairobi and carry them to his office up flights of stairs. He had to do this 4 times due to our initial cancellation and he told me not to worry and that he was happy to help us! There were so many boxes of books that totaled a couple of hundred pounds.

Sylvester and our guide Benson picked us up at the airport right on time in a very nice land cruiser vehicle. They were very warm and friendly and told us to feel at home. Benson was a absolute professional who was so attentive to our needs everyday. His passion for wildlife and expert knowledge of the game reserves was incredible! I cannot believe all of the animals he pointed out to us which I could not even see with my naked eye. He knew the name of every bird, tree, and animal and would explain to us information equivalent to an encyclopedia in the most interesting and humorous way. We saw every animal and the reserves were fantastic (Masai Mara, Samburu, Shaba, Lake Nakuru). Benson knew I loved sunsets so he would stop at random locations on our way back to the lodge. He would say, "Look Mia this is for you turn around." I would look and see that Benson had set up the perfect picture of a sun setting behind an Acacia tree. He kept telling my husband and I that he wanted to make us happy and show us the Africa that he loves so much. While driving between game reserves, Benson would teach us Swahili :-)

During our trip to the school, Benson took video of the entire morning. He recorded hours of video and carried the many boxes of supplies and books to the school office. By the second day, Benson was not our guide he was our friend. By the end of the safari, he was family and I actually shed tears when we had to say goodbye!

Before we left, I was disappointed that we had missed the Wildebeest migration due to cancelling our original trip planned in late August. Benson had a positive attitude and said it was the best time to do a safari because there would be no crowds or minivans. He was right! For example, Benson had ordered a packed lunch for us on the Mara River and we had a picnic on the grass overlooking the Hippos and Crocodiles in the river below. He believed this would definitely make up for us missing the migration across the river and it did!!

Thank you to African Servalcat Safaris for your professionalism and high level of service. Thank you more for your friendship.

Visited November 2013

California
“Private Tour Servalcat Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I are 67 years old. We just got back from 18 days on safari in Kenya and Tanzania. All plans were done by my husband and Sylvester the owner of Servalcat on the internet. Sylvester delivered everything we had hoped for. There were a few glitches but Sylvester took care of them. Servalcat is a small company and the vehicles may not be super plush, but traveling alone with no other tourist made up for that. We traveled mainly with Benson and spent one day with Justice. Both men did an excellent job and spoke very good English so communication was not a problem. Benson has a love of nature and his country and had a great sense of humor. He was a lot of fun to be with.

Visited August 2013
Moshi
“3 day Sweetwaters Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have just returned from our second safari with African Serval Cats. This one was a short trip to Sweetwaters in the central highlands, near Nanyuki. Once again the organisation by Sylvester was fine, the vehicle was in good condition and Benson is a safe, knowledgable and accommodating driver/guide, with a good sense of humour and a good knowledge of and enthusiastic interest in the wildlife.

Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
“Kenya, Tanzania. Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I just got back from our trip arranged by African Servacat Safaris. Sylvester, the owner, was very helpful at the very beginning, answering all my questions through e-mail. The tour was very well organized. Our guide in Kenya, William, was very good. He could not only spot game, but had lots of information about them. The Sopa Lodges we stayed in were all very good in Tanzania. However, we didn't have a good experience at the Amboseli Sopa Lodge. The staff seemed a little indifferent with the exception of our waiter Joel. We also had some money taken from our room. Upon arrival at the Tanzanian border, we changed guides and vehicles. Zakayo was our guide for the rest of our trip, and we enjoyed him and his knowledge of Tanzania. We saw just about every kind of wildlife there is to see. The weather was perfect, upper 70's to low 60,s at night. I would certainly recomend using African Servalcat Safaris for their service and reasonable cost.

Visited May 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Tanzania Northern circuit-January 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our group of 7 went on a weeklong safari that we booked thru African Servalcat Safaris. Sylvester is the owner and he was very helpful throughout the planning process and always quickly responsive to my email questions. The price was very very reasonable in comparison to other similar tours I'd seen. Everything was so well organized from the moment we arrived. We were chauferred to the hotel the first night and had a nice orientation the next morning where we met our driver Zackayo. Zack was the most knowledgeable driver guide we could ever have asked for, and he could spot a cheetah and her cub a mile away before any other drivers. We wound up the trip on Zanzibar where again we were chauferred to the Kichanga Lodge that was wonderful also. We all highly recommend African Servalcat Safaris and I intend to use them again when I go back.

Visited January 2013