“great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

African Game Trek Safaris do as they promise!
good and fast email contact
had (too) short safar it wasi well coordinated and just like they promised!
spotted 4 of the big 5!

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
16 attraction reviews
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I looked far and wide for a company to go with, and in the end we decided on this one. We ended up having a blast!

Pros: Convenient airport pickup/drop off, 3 square good meals a day (we recommend Jack as the cook, they were all good...but Jack was great), good guides (we recommend Odhis...they were all good...but Odhis was amazing). Allowed us to pay in our local currency as opposed to USD, good use of our time there. Price/Value is great.

Cons: They have an orphanage, and we did not know about it until we were there! We would have loved to do a half safari/half volunteer trip. Maybe next time :)

Visited October 2013
London, Canada
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

To conclude a month long volunteer-intensive trip to Kenya, myself and a group of 8 others decided to unwind with a safari.

After looking through multiple companies, African Game Trek Safaris was what we decided on.
William was absolutely amazing in coordinating the details and costs, including arranging a pick-up from Ngong Hills (4.5 hours from Masai Mara) and a drive to the Nairobi airport.
The cost of the safari was more than fair, and the value was incredible (we each purchased the budget tent accommodations for 3 days at Masai Mara).The 'tent' accommodations were incredible, like little cottages, and the base camp like a resort.

I highly recommend booking with William at African Game Trek Safaris and requesting Odis as a safari guide. These men are incredibly intelligible, professional, and a riot to be around.

I hope to return soon, and embark on yet another African Game Trek adventure.

Visited May 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just completed a 13 day safari in Kenya and Tanzania. A family group of 4. A budget style that was beyond our expectations. Saw the Big 5. Witnessed a lion hunt which resulted in a feast of a buffalo for 15 lions of varying ages, 100 metres from our camp! A big Thankyou to William for organising the 2 safaris. Our driver/guides were exceptional -Odhis and Mr Ally and our wonderful cook Ahmedi.

Fukushima, Japan
“Huge disappointment, unlike other comments”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My experience with William was very different from others. My comments might help your future decision.

I contacted him via email ahead of time (3 months before) concerning a budget camping safari to Amboseli/Tsabo W. His response was prompt and I had a good impression with him like others. So, I booked the tour for 4 days at USD560 and my booking was confirmed.

Since I asked him a free airport pickup, I tried to confirm it several times prior to my arrival at JKIA via email. However, no reply came back. My host family concerned this situation, and she also tried to get in touch with him. It was successful, and I could meet him at JKIA as scheduled. Also, I paid 15000Ksh as deposit for my booking. He said this deposit was paid for my accommodation booking. Although there was no other client confirmed to attend the camping tour at this point, there were still two more weeks by my departure date. So we could contact each other for further information, he said. I trusted him for having a nice budget camping tour.

After my arrival date in Kenya, I had a difficulty to contact him. I could reach him by the phone only one time, and he replied to wait until Sep. 4th, which was two days before my departure of the tour. Neither call nor email came by Sep. 4th. I called him several times but could not reach him. I could finally reach him by the phone in the night of 5th, which was several hours before my departure time of the camping tour. He offered an alternative choice, since the tour I originally booked was cancelled.

Alternative 1.
Amboseli 3 days joining camp tour, @ USD400
Joining into a group of four. They already started the tour and coming back from Naivasha Lake, so I could join then from Nairobi at 1 pm heading to Amboseli.
The departure time of the original tour was 8 am.

Alternative 2.
Private safari tour to Amboseli
3 days(2nights) @ USD720
2 days(1 night) @ USD580

Alternative3.
Full refund.

I chose #3. He said that he could bring the money to the house of my host family. When I reported my situation to my host mother, she suspected his words. Next morning, I called him but he didn’t pick it up. Then she called him and told him that someone took me to his office to get the refund back during afternoon. Finally, William showed up at her house and I could obtain the refund. He also asked to pay the cost of airport pick up, but I refused it. After hot arguments between us in the parking area, he left.

This was my experience with William. If he had contacted me several times and informed me what was going on about my booking, my response would have been different. However, he did not give me any information until several hours prior to my original departure time, which made me very upset. I would never use this company. Since I could get the full refund back anyway, I rated 2 stars.

Visited September 2013

Been to African Game Trek Safaris Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage African Game Trek Safaris Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later