“Great Quick Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meltonia Luxury Suites

Save Saved
You added Meltonia Luxury Suites to your Saves list
Meltonia Luxury Suites
Kindaruma Road | Near the Yaya Mall and Centre, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #27 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Quick Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was unfortunately only able to spend about 6 hours at Meltonia, but my quick stay was nothing short of amazing. Having lived in Mombasa, I always dreaded coming to big, scary Nairobi, but I would go back just to stay at Meltonia again. I emailed back and forth with Peggy, the manager, to coordinate my flights and my stay. She was very prompt in her response and incredibly eager to accommodate my schedule. My flight arrived in Nairobi just before midnight and I was greeted by Justice, the driver, who took me to Meltonia. The accommodations were LUXURIOUS to say the least. I got a great deal on bookings.com on a single occupancy suite. It was enormous, spotless, well decorated, and had every amenity imaginable. I had to leave for my flight at 5:30, and Chef Robert made me a feast for breakfast at 5 am. The food was delicious and plentiful, and I was so thankful to have a filling meal before 19 hours of flying. Justice arrived just before 5:30 and took me to the airport! I can't wait to visit again, and I highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had a very comfortable stay at Meltonia. Good location, secure, excellent quality of food and very friendly and professional service. As I was in Nairobi on business, the peaceful surroundings made all the difference. I will definitely come back; please keep it up!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

While surfing for a reasonable hotel to anchor in Nairobi for a 8 days visit to Kenya and Uganda, we were considering hotel rooms starting at $80 at one end of the spectrum to well known 5 star facilities charging $250 or in excess. Then we stumbled up on Meltonia and instantly liked what we saw. It is not a Hotel but a furnished apartment. The Studio flat was equipped with microwave oven, kettle, washing machine and an ironing board. There were free Wifi access and cable TV too. We needn’t have to think twice to take it up at a discounted price of $120 a day with breakfast included. We just hoped that all that was promised will be there.

But to our pleasant surprise, it turned out to be much more that what we hoped for. First of all our graceful hostess Ms. Peggy, upgraded us to a one bedroom apartment at no additional costs. The place was brand new and kept squeaky clean with bedroom linen and towels the cleanest. The cable TV had ample number of channels and the internet speed was more than we had hoped for.

The place, though well with in the city, was in a small wooded area tucked blissfully away from all the urban clutter. The staffs were pleasantly informal and genuinely helpful. On the first day of our arrival I had to go out after 7 pm to buy some food as we did not order for dinner in advance. The security guard, Mr. Augero, suggested that it may not be safe to go out alone at night and then took the trouble to walk with me a kilometer to the nearest supermarket.

The taxi service assigned to us was reasonable and the drivers were courteous. The breakfast and dinner that we had from the dining hall, though not very elaborate were excellent. Our chef was a nice young man from Rwanda named Robert who at times found time to chat with me on sundry matters.

I should say that I and my wife felt genuinely at home staying at Meltonia. I should recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Nairobi

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had two short stays at Meltonia Suites (3 and 2 Days) and like to recommend the appartments to anyone who is looking for a very good value for money place to stay in Nairobi.
The Apparmnets are newly build and some are still in the process of being fitted out but this does not impair the feel good factor you have with the ones already finished and you do not notice that there is still work going on in the front part of the building.
I have also to mention Peggy and Sam who were always there for you and did sort out my request in a quick and very proffesional manner.
The appartments themselfs are a very good size and new the bed is very comfortable and has easyly space for two. The Lounge is equipt with a 3 and 2 single seaters which are very comfortable. I also has a dining table where you can take your self cooked meals from the fully fitted Kitchen which has Cooker, Fridge, Washingmachine/Dryer Combo and a Microwave.
Utensils and Crockery is also available. The only thing which was missing was a Wine bottle opener.
I will definately come back to Meltonia on my next travel to Nairobi.

Markus Zunn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Found this place on Tripadvisor at the last minute when I needed a room in Nairobi. Staff is very attentive to every need and was willing to go above and beyond when I needed help. Location is great, in quiet section of Nairobi but close enough to the city center a taxi is very reasonable. Two major markets, cinema, and other shops are a short walk from the apartments. As mentioned by a previous poster, I needed a late checkout due to my flight timing and the staff was very understanding. Will definitely be using the Meltonia Suites the next time I'm in Nairobi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Breath Taking and Beautiful. Very impressed by the high standards of cleanliness. The internet is super fast. There is also a late check out option which is an added advantage at no extra charge and that is commendable. Loved it and will definitely be back there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I would highly recommend Meltonia. It's very comfortable, truly luxurious, stylish, homely and exceptionally clean! The rooms are beautiful and very fresh with clean linen beddings and very trendy. Meltonia is great value for Money and would recommend it to any traveler going into Nairobi.The breakfast is great and would request for a variety of foods, Kenya has, in the Hotel Menu.

S Bowditch

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Meltonia Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!