“The Jewel in the Crown!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmere Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Woodmere Serviced Apartments
Save Saved
You added Woodmere Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Lenana Rd, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #23 of 157 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Jewel in the Crown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Another 2 week visit at Woodmere simply proves that it stands out as the leading serviced apt complex in Nairobi! Entering the secure, lush garden setting, one is immediately immersed in the cool architectural design! Each apt is unique and will satisfy any budget! The Staff is always smiling and available! I can't say enough about this place! I would live in this fantasyland forever!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great apartments/rooms.
Great team from the bottom up. I really enjoy the place and the atmosphere.
You better check it out before taking any other place.
The place is cleand daily, and very well maintained, and any request is handled promptly.
Also the area around is full of restaurants, a few clubs, Casablanca, yaya mall center is 10 minutes walk.
I've been there now on and off for a month, and would go anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a comfortable stay in Woodmere apartments with my girl friend from 2nd March to 12th March 2014. The apartments have a nice paysage with beautiful trees and a swimming pool. The owner of the apartments was so kind to offer us a free upgrade with our room as the apartment we should stay was in renovation. All the staff was very helpful. There was daily cleaning service changing the towels, even washing the dishes.

B.Başaran

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My partner and I needed a place for a few days – a studio apartment. I was informed that they had renovated studio apartments and one that was not renovated. All the renovated apartments were fully booked. The studio apartment that was not renovated was not comfortable but we were assured that there would be one available within a couple of days so we agreed to take it.

There were various reasons that this particular apartment was uncomfortable but I will not dwell on it since they had emphasized that it was going to be renovated. What bothered me was the fact that they assured me that they would have another apartment available, but when it came down to it - they did not! And they did not seem to care when we pointed out the inconsistency and dishonesty!

Even though we had paid for the entire period, we did not utilize all the nights we had paid for (we were informed that funds paid are nonrefundable) and we went to find accommodation elsewhere. I found the customer service wanting.

Room Tip: Check into an apartment you will want to stay in for the entire stay ..The ground floor studio apart...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Woodmere_Nairobi, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the communication breakdown and the logistical problems involved in your booking.We have decided that changes in booking plans should be communicated well in advance to avoid conflicts preferably via email. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with our visitors and want you to walk out feeling happy.We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Made a booking for two seeing the had a special valentines offer, because this was a special offer i had to book via e-mail and not the formal booking system. They acknowledged the booking and i replied to them with a question about the stay to wich i never got a reply to.
When i came down from Europe i contacted them seeing the never replied only to find out the had let the appartment out to someone else. It goes with out saying that its horrible to make a booking then travel 8000km to find out the accommodation i had secured for us was no longer avalible.
I kindly asked them to make it right seeing it was their fault but the only reply the gave me was that they had no vacancy. I gave them the option to make this right by upgrating our stay for the same price and that request was ignored.
The way they treat the customers is terrible and they wont do anything to own up to their own mistake. If you are travelling a long distance then find another place if you want to make sure you have a place to stay at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WoodmereApartments, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
We wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this potential customer experienced. We are sorry to have disappointed him. We had to his booking on hold while we waited for confirmation from him. We were full on the day he turned up in the evening, still having not confirmed. We would have accommodated him, but the apartment he wanted by then was already taken. Sorry, Sir. We hope to do better next time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend and had an awesome time. Spacious and well designed apartments.
We invited 7 of our friends over for a drink and the apartment was spacious enough to accommodate our guests.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Woodmere_Nairobi, Guest Relations Manager at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank-you for taking time to review us, we value your response,come and enjoy our free facilities including Gym,Jacuzzi,Sauna,Swimming pool,Daily maid cleaning among others, we hope to see you again.

Woodmere serviced Apartments
A home away from Home
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel to Nairobi for 6-8 weeks at a time every other month and always stay at Woodmere. It is truly my "home away from home." The accommodations are comfortable and homey and the grounds are beautiful. The compound is secure and the space is well designed and private. Aside from the apartments and lovely ambience, the staff truly makes Woodmere special. I always feel like I am coming home to family when I arrive at Woodmere and there they go above and beyond ensuring that you are happy. This is the perfect place for business travelers and vacations alike. The internet is stable, the amenities are great and the neighborhood is safe. It is within walking distance of shopping centres, terrific restaurants (Italian, Lebanese, Nyama Choma, etc.) and pubs. Even when I am home in Chicago, sometimes I get a bit homesick for Woodmere. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Kaitlin,
Thank you for your great feedback. We love that you find a home with us each time you are here. I am glad that you enjoy your stay each time.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Nairobi.
Best regards
Paul and Grace Kelly

Been to Woodmere Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!