“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmere Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Woodmere Serviced Apartments
Save Saved
You added Woodmere Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Lenana Rd, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #22 of 158 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel to Nairobi for 6-8 weeks at a time every other month and always stay at Woodmere. It is truly my "home away from home." The accommodations are comfortable and homey and the grounds are beautiful. The compound is secure and the space is well designed and private. Aside from the apartments and lovely ambience, the staff truly makes Woodmere special. I always feel like I am coming home to family when I arrive at Woodmere and there they go above and beyond ensuring that you are happy. This is the perfect place for business travelers and vacations alike. The internet is stable, the amenities are great and the neighborhood is safe. It is within walking distance of shopping centres, terrific restaurants (Italian, Lebanese, Nyama Choma, etc.) and pubs. Even when I am home in Chicago, sometimes I get a bit homesick for Woodmere. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Kaitlin,
Thank you for your great feedback. We love that you find a home with us each time you are here. I am glad that you enjoy your stay each time.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Nairobi.
Best regards
Paul and Grace Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location with easy access from the city centre. Each room is uniquely and tastefully decorated and furnished. Great ambiance. The compound is leafy giving the place a homely feel. The weather was cold and we got firewood supply at an extra fee. Good value for money compared to similar properties in the area. Swimming pool and secure parking. Most staff have been there for a long time and provide reliable and friendly service.

Room Tip: The studios are good value for small families.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Woodmere_Nairobi, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Wanaswa,
We are glad that you enjoyed the great value and ambiance we have at Woodmere. Thank you for all the feedback and we hope to have you back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love the Woodmere and have stayed here 4 times. It's like a home away from home, except more beautiful. They have a personal touch with the service, have great hot showers, a lovely pool and sauna, creative architecture with lots of greenery, and each room is individually designed. There's also a small store on site, in case you forgot to buy pasta or beer. Very affordable compared with expensive Nairobi hotels. It is far from downtown but worth the drive in my opinion bc of the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi,
We are glad you had a great stay with us. The overflowing warmth of your review is greatly appreciated. We hope to have you over again.
Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I needed to stay on Lenana Road next to the office and this place was just around the corner. I rented a studio for 13 nights and it was very conveniant and affordable. The hot water was running, they service the apartments every day and they will make your stay comfortable as much as possible. However since I was there in August which is the coldest month of the year and I got really cold as the windows are not insulated, but they did bring me an extra blanket Also the WIFI is not very strong and there is no treadmill in the gym :(
Other then that its all good!

Room Tip: Take a room not facing the parking as it can become slightly noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Affordable luxury! Wonderful, gracious and caring staff! Uniquely designed apts of all sizes and configurations. My Super One Bedroom was extremely spacious, well maintained and came with daily fresh towels and maid service.This complex is just a two minute taxi to YaYa Center! (On site taxi service is available all day and evening.)
There is no local phone service in your apt. However, staff will connect you with your party within moments, day or night! You can take advantage of this service for restaurant deliveries!
The unique buildings are located around a central freeform pool, in a garden setting, with meandering cobblestone walkways. Parking for private vehicles is ample and security is tight!
I have travelled to Nairobi multiple times in the past couple years and am now sold on this place. I personally don't require 2-4 overpriced restaurants downstairs, but I guess a costly hotel is good for the uninitiated!
(Their website needs updating. It does not reflect the cozy atmosphere that caters to families and businessmen alike.)

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed August 2013
Pays de la Loire, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed one night. It was prepaid by my employers as part of a work trip but, if I had been paying myself, I would have left straight away.
The room was on the ground floor overlooking the car-park....I am assured the two bedroom flats at the other side of the building are better, they could hardly be worse!
The room smelt of cigarette smoke and the kitchen of damp. It was painted in dark colours and there was a mirror on the ceiling over the bed! The tiny bathroom had a dirty shower curtain and the water spilled over the floor.
When I arrived I was given no information about the room or Woodmere, including the fact that there is actually a pool! This is around the other side. It would have been nice to have been told as I arrived in the afternoon before the others in my group. I tried to have a nap as I had been travelling and was awoken by loud banging on the door...the maid to see if the room was occupied!!
After I complained about this and just as I was leaving for the evening, one of the managers arrived with some things he said should have been in the room, a welcome pack. I had already taken a taxi to the nearest supermarket to buy milk etc so this was a waste of time (and my money)
The night was equally disturbed by vehicles arriving and leaving (they could, at the very least, oil the gates!) Then at 5.30 am woken by the guards having loud conversations outside.
Altogether a bad experience...and not cheap.
There are LOTS of better (and cheaper) places.

Room Tip: Higher up and on the other side are, apparently, much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, General Manager at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Trip advisor. We highly appreciate reviews from all our guests regarding their stay at Woodmere Serviced Apartments. This important feedback provides us an indicator of both our strength & weakness & helps to direct our efforts to those areas which require improvement & necessary action.

The room selection & allocation was formally approved by your employer’s administrator after viewing all the apartments & facilities that we offer, & through an e-mail confirmation notification. We regret that this information was not disseminated & as a result you were not able to enjoy all our facilities.
The state you found your apartment in, at check in is regrettable and we wish to assure you that this is an isolated incident & not our normal practice, we were fully booked on that week end & there must have been an oversight that is being strictly dealt with.
As for the noise, disturbance, and the late dispensation of our welcome pack we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Please rest assured that corrective measures have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

We apologize for the experience you went through. This was very regrettable and the management has taken note & the necessary measures to handle & prevent such a situation from happening again to any other guests at our establishment.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to correct our mistake when we host you again.

Warm regards,

Been to Woodmere Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!