“Best place to stay in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmere Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Woodmere Serviced Apartments
You added Woodmere Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Lenana Rd, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Offers & Announcements
$70 (USD)
Ranked #23 of 163 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best place to stay in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love the Woodmere and have stayed here 4 times. It's like a home away from home, except more beautiful. They have a personal touch with the service, have great hot showers, a lovely pool and sauna, creative architecture with lots of greenery, and each room is individually designed. There's also a small store on site, in case you forgot to buy pasta or beer. Very affordable compared with expensive Nairobi hotels. It is far from downtown but worth the drive in my opinion bc of the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, Owner at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi,
We are glad you had a great stay with us. The overflowing warmth of your review is greatly appreciated. We hope to have you over again.
Regards,
Paul and Grace Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I needed to stay on Lenana Road next to the office and this place was just around the corner. I rented a studio for 13 nights and it was very conveniant and affordable. The hot water was running, they service the apartments every day and they will make your stay comfortable as much as possible. However since I was there in August which is the coldest month of the year and I got really cold as the windows are not insulated, but they did bring me an extra blanket Also the WIFI is not very strong and there is no treadmill in the gym :(
Other then that its all good!

Room Tip: Take a room not facing the parking as it can become slightly noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Affordable luxury! Wonderful, gracious and caring staff! Uniquely designed apts of all sizes and configurations. My Super One Bedroom was extremely spacious, well maintained and came with daily fresh towels and maid service.This complex is just a two minute taxi to YaYa Center! (On site taxi service is available all day and evening.)
There is no local phone service in your apt. However, staff will connect you with your party within moments, day or night! You can take advantage of this service for restaurant deliveries!
The unique buildings are located around a central freeform pool, in a garden setting, with meandering cobblestone walkways. Parking for private vehicles is ample and security is tight!
I have travelled to Nairobi multiple times in the past couple years and am now sold on this place. I personally don't require 2-4 overpriced restaurants downstairs, but I guess a costly hotel is good for the uninitiated!
(Their website needs updating. It does not reflect the cozy atmosphere that caters to families and businessmen alike.)

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed August 2013
Pays de la Loire, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed one night. It was prepaid by my employers as part of a work trip but, if I had been paying myself, I would have left straight away.
The room was on the ground floor overlooking the car-park....I am assured the two bedroom flats at the other side of the building are better, they could hardly be worse!
The room smelt of cigarette smoke and the kitchen of damp. It was painted in dark colours and there was a mirror on the ceiling over the bed! The tiny bathroom had a dirty shower curtain and the water spilled over the floor.
When I arrived I was given no information about the room or Woodmere, including the fact that there is actually a pool! This is around the other side. It would have been nice to have been told as I arrived in the afternoon before the others in my group. I tried to have a nap as I had been travelling and was awoken by loud banging on the door...the maid to see if the room was occupied!!
After I complained about this and just as I was leaving for the evening, one of the managers arrived with some things he said should have been in the room, a welcome pack. I had already taken a taxi to the nearest supermarket to buy milk etc so this was a waste of time (and my money)
The night was equally disturbed by vehicles arriving and leaving (they could, at the very least, oil the gates!) Then at 5.30 am woken by the guards having loud conversations outside.
Altogether a bad experience...and not cheap.
There are LOTS of better (and cheaper) places.

Room Tip: Higher up and on the other side are, apparently, much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, General Manager at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Trip advisor. We highly appreciate reviews from all our guests regarding their stay at Woodmere Serviced Apartments. This important feedback provides us an indicator of both our strength & weakness & helps to direct our efforts to those areas which require improvement & necessary action.

The room selection & allocation was formally approved by your employer’s administrator after viewing all the apartments & facilities that we offer, & through an e-mail confirmation notification. We regret that this information was not disseminated & as a result you were not able to enjoy all our facilities.
The state you found your apartment in, at check in is regrettable and we wish to assure you that this is an isolated incident & not our normal practice, we were fully booked on that week end & there must have been an oversight that is being strictly dealt with.
As for the noise, disturbance, and the late dispensation of our welcome pack we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Please rest assured that corrective measures have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

We apologize for the experience you went through. This was very regrettable and the management has taken note & the necessary measures to handle & prevent such a situation from happening again to any other guests at our establishment.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to correct our mistake when we host you again.

Warm regards,
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just like everyone else here I can highly recommend Woodmere Serviced Apartment, also agreeing about it being a "home away from home". I stayed for three months and I can't complain about anything! The staff is amazing, always ready to assist and help, no matter what the problem may be. The rooms are very nice, fully equipped with everything needed, and together with the pool and the great surroundings it is a great place to stay at wether you´re in Nairobi for a couple of days, weeks or months. Considering how noisy Nairobi is, this is like a small oasis, where you can avoid the traffic and yet be close to the inner city. Planning on visiting Nairobi on a regular basis Woodmere is my obvious choice!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and my friend decided to work at Children Support Centre just outside Nairobi and needed a nice, but not too pricy place to stay at. We found Woodmere on Google and decided to book it for a week at first. Our total stay in Kenya would be for 10 weeks.

We were met by the most professional staff members imaginable who took care of us as a part of their family. Hearing the "jambo sana" (good day) every morning from the cleaning staff felt great.

We decided to stay here the whole trip and do not regret anything! Whenever there was an issue, we solved it together and came up with a good solution. With a nice apartment including a small kitchen where we could make our food, Woodmere made our stay well worth it every day! Also there is a great pool in the area which is wonderful after a long day of hard work!

If you're coming to Kenya for just a week or planning to stay the whole year, Woodmere Serviced Apartments is the place for you!! No matter the size of your wallet.

Room Tip: The apartments for about 66 dollars is very worth its price! You get a nice open apartment with a pe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Woodmere Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!