“Not a pleasant experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmere Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Woodmere Serviced Apartments
You added Woodmere Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Lenana Rd, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Special Rate
$70 (USD)
Ranked #15 of 182 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Pays de la Loire, France
“Not a pleasant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed one night. It was prepaid by my employers as part of a work trip but, if I had been paying myself, I would have left straight away.
The room was on the ground floor overlooking the car-park....I am assured the two bedroom flats at the other side of the building are better, they could hardly be worse!
The room smelt of cigarette smoke and the kitchen of damp. It was painted in dark colours and there was a mirror on the ceiling over the bed! The tiny bathroom had a dirty shower curtain and the water spilled over the floor.
When I arrived I was given no information about the room or Woodmere, including the fact that there is actually a pool! This is around the other side. It would have been nice to have been told as I arrived in the afternoon before the others in my group. I tried to have a nap as I had been travelling and was awoken by loud banging on the door...the maid to see if the room was occupied!!
After I complained about this and just as I was leaving for the evening, one of the managers arrived with some things he said should have been in the room, a welcome pack. I had already taken a taxi to the nearest supermarket to buy milk etc so this was a waste of time (and my money)
The night was equally disturbed by vehicles arriving and leaving (they could, at the very least, oil the gates!) Then at 5.30 am woken by the guards having loud conversations outside.
Altogether a bad experience...and not cheap.
There are LOTS of better (and cheaper) places.

Room Tip: Higher up and on the other side are, apparently, much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodmere_Nairobi, General Manager at Woodmere Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Trip advisor. We highly appreciate reviews from all our guests regarding their stay at Woodmere Serviced Apartments. This important feedback provides us an indicator of both our strength & weakness & helps to direct our efforts to those areas which require improvement & necessary action.

The room selection & allocation was formally approved by your employer’s administrator after viewing all the apartments & facilities that we offer, & through an e-mail confirmation notification. We regret that this information was not disseminated & as a result you were not able to enjoy all our facilities.
The state you found your apartment in, at check in is regrettable and we wish to assure you that this is an isolated incident & not our normal practice, we were fully booked on that week end & there must have been an oversight that is being strictly dealt with.
As for the noise, disturbance, and the late dispensation of our welcome pack we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Please rest assured that corrective measures have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

We apologize for the experience you went through. This was very regrettable and the management has taken note & the necessary measures to handle & prevent such a situation from happening again to any other guests at our establishment.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to correct our mistake when we host you again.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just like everyone else here I can highly recommend Woodmere Serviced Apartment, also agreeing about it being a "home away from home". I stayed for three months and I can't complain about anything! The staff is amazing, always ready to assist and help, no matter what the problem may be. The rooms are very nice, fully equipped with everything needed, and together with the pool and the great surroundings it is a great place to stay at wether you´re in Nairobi for a couple of days, weeks or months. Considering how noisy Nairobi is, this is like a small oasis, where you can avoid the traffic and yet be close to the inner city. Planning on visiting Nairobi on a regular basis Woodmere is my obvious choice!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and my friend decided to work at Children Support Centre just outside Nairobi and needed a nice, but not too pricy place to stay at. We found Woodmere on Google and decided to book it for a week at first. Our total stay in Kenya would be for 10 weeks.

We were met by the most professional staff members imaginable who took care of us as a part of their family. Hearing the "jambo sana" (good day) every morning from the cleaning staff felt great.

We decided to stay here the whole trip and do not regret anything! Whenever there was an issue, we solved it together and came up with a good solution. With a nice apartment including a small kitchen where we could make our food, Woodmere made our stay well worth it every day! Also there is a great pool in the area which is wonderful after a long day of hard work!

If you're coming to Kenya for just a week or planning to stay the whole year, Woodmere Serviced Apartments is the place for you!! No matter the size of your wallet.

Room Tip: The apartments for about 66 dollars is very worth its price! You get a nice open apartment with a pe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We rented an two bedroom apartment for two couples to celebrate a birthday weekend. For us it was perfect. A nice place from which to explore the city as well get away from it.

The only thing holding me back from a 5-star rating was the cold water showers which weren't fixed during our stay... but the local weather mean you would normally only want a cold one anyway.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

As suggested by other members, I have to agree that Woodmere apartments are a home away from home. Although, it makes more sense to stay here if you are staying longer.

The apartments are spacious, creatively done and very secure.

The kitchen comes with cooking facilities, the pool is a welcome addition in the complex and there is a shopping centre at walkable distance.

This is located near all the embassies, so the area is secure-organized-clean.

Since the size of the apartments is big and there are many of them , housekeeping can sometimes take a backseat.

The internet here is PAID on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Try to take the rooms close to the pool and to the manager's office. You will need to walk there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have often stayed at Woodmere when I was living out of Nairobi and had to come to town for business. Rooms are wonderful, beds comfortable, and the grounds are well kept. Woodmere is great if you are staying longer than a couple of nights.They have prices for the week, month, or longer. The staff is wonderful and the price is very reasonable. Conveniently located near lots of restaurants and shopping. YaYa Centre is just a 10 minute walk (or 2 minute cab ride), where they have a grocery store to stock up on essentials, as well as restaurants there...including Java House for breakfast, lunch or dinner, as well as Sierra, a brew pub/restaurant with good food, and a food court with Chinese, Italian and other offerings. Cedars Restaurant, a Lebanese restaurant is a 3 minute walk from Woodmere, and Osteria, an Italian restaurant is 4 minutes, with Casablanca nightclub next to it.

Room Tip: They have studio apts,and then larger apartments with 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms, and even 4...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
addis ababa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went many times for work to Nairobi and as I prefer to cook myself I was looking for an apartment, and Woodmer has a large choice of them from different prices. the location is ok, the cleanlyness not so much, the services offered also not so good (no way to order a breakfast somewhere close). the personnel is nice but no way to bargain as well. I would recomment to medium budget companies for at least 4-5 days stay to spend lesser than hotels in town

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business