“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Covenant Guest House

Covenant Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Covenant Guest House
Save Saved
You added Covenant Guest House to your Saves list
No. 13 Off Ngong Road | Dagoretti Corner, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #62 of 94 Specialty lodging in Nairobi
Palo Alto, California
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for about a week during my visit to Nairobi and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were really helpful with getting me settled in. The food was pretty good and I appreciated that they served breakfast in the morning. There is a mall not far from the guest house, so if you are plenty of other food options. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Nairobi a second time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Stockholm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We do not recommend Covenant Guest House in Nairobi. We have travelled all continents on a budget note and have experienced a lot, and can accept most things if the willingness and the heart is there. Arriving late in the evening -firstly, the staff ripped us off on a taxi fare, the sheets were not clean, there was someones underwear left in the bathroom and the floors not swept. During our three days, the showers and toilets worked occationally. When light bulbs went out they made no effort to switch. The staff is lazy and distrusting (except James). We travel with our three children - and we were forced to pay cash every night for the next day - as if we would run off.... Staff would not give us a receipt until they had the money in their hands. We had agreed beforehand we could leave luggage while on safari but when here- staff tried to make us pay for a room while we were gone. It's overpriced and the website strongly overpresents this place. Why did we stay? Our frieds live nearby and to find a new place during the holidays was not easy. Oh! Forgot to tell - there's a night club next door stomping until four in the morning... Our strong advice- find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Serah M, Owner at Covenant Guest House, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Louise Family. Thanks for choosing Covenant Guest House during your recent visit to Nairobi and for taking time to give us your honest and detailed feedback on our services.Kindly accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations at Covenant. While it is our principal focus to immediately address and resolve issues that our guests face, it is clear that we did not rise up to your expectations. We have therefore taken up the specific complaints with our entire management team and necessary corrective measures are being addressed.
Our guests are of extreme importance to us and we greatly value your feedback which is very insightful. I request you to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future so that we can restore your faith in Covenant Guest House.
Kind Regards,
Serah Munge- Director Covenant Guest House
Nowra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was my home for about a month and it certainly felt like home. The staff are wonderful at making you feel comfortable. They provide a light breakfast each morning but it was cheaper to eat out for other meals. It is only a few hundred metres to the Junction Mall where you can find many cages, restaurants and even a food court.
I am visiting Nairobi again soon and I although I will be staying with friends this time, I will make a point of calling in to say hello at CGH.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Covenant Guest House? Share your experiences!