“Sad” 3 of 5 stars

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Having lost people I've known here during the bomb blast, I would say it is a bit of a sad experience to be here, but a memorable experience all the same.

Visited October 2011

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Memorial”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Its a sad place due to what it signifies. The memorial itself is touching. However the part of Nairobi in which it sits is terrible. If you are going to visit watch yourself and your wallet!

Visited July 2012
stuttgart
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Somber monument”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The monument was great. After hearing about Kenyan corruption from a lot of locals we were shocked that we were shook down here of all places. The normal fee is about 100KES but we were forced out of 350KES each because we were late arriving. I guess I should just be thankful we were allowed in but the bribe left a bad taste.

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
737 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 757 helpful votes
“Peaceful little garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The American Embassy Memorial Garden is a nice little garden, providing an oasis or relative calm in amongst chaotic Nairobi. There was an event on at the gardens when I visited, so while the entry fee was waived, the memorials inside the gardens were obscured by seats and awnings. Still, the gardens were a nice little spot and are worth a visit if you are nearby.

Visited July 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“'A mixed Experience!'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The moment I entered this place,I received a warm welcome from the friendly security staff,who did some thorough security checks.The place looks attractive even though when I looked at the wall that has the names of those victims who perished during the 1998 bombing,it created a sombre mood.

Visited February 2012